Georgetown Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an acceptance from Georgetown. Don't think I will be wasting my money at this second tier school. If you want a crappy residency placement I wish you the best of luck in getting my spot. Hopefully this will give anyone else waiting some hope.

Stanford or Bust.

Members don't see this ad.

So you consider ortho a "crappy residency placement"?

ortho is okay. but it is not what I want to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Starve the troll.

DoctorKev
You are waitlisted at Stanford? I wish you the best of luck. Hands down it is the best school.

Stanford or bust.

kevin, for your sake, I hope that only one of you two makes into stanford. though it might be up there on your list, I'm sure you'd agree.

Originally posted by facted
kevin, for your sake, I hope that only one of you two makes into stanford. though it might be up there on your list, I'm sure you'd agree.

LOL, yeah seriously. I don't plan on going since the waitlist tends to not move...

ok, that's it. I'm calling Stanford and getting the adcom to look at this if it keeps going on.

nah, got rejected, though I really wanted to go there. As for calling them up, I was only musing. I know the adcom's wouldn't bother listening to me. But doctorcynical is just getting so annoying.

Members don't see this ad :)
doctorcynical, do you behave this way in the real world, or do you keep this personality pent up inside all day to unleash it online? are we your outlet and path back to reality (SDN is rather cathartic, huh)?

Originally posted by G_Eagle
doctorcynical, do you behave this way in the real world, or do you keep this personality pent up inside all day to unleash it online? are we your outlet and path back to reality (SDN is rather cathartic, huh)?

I am confused as to what you mean? I can't see how my posts are any different from anyone elses. I feel like everyone is out to get me. :scared:

don't know yet. But at this point, it will probably be a NYC school, even if I get into WashU or get off the UMich waitlist. I really did have my heart set on Stanford after I visited there and was thinking up all these plans around going there. But you've really gotta stop with your Stanford love. It's going overboard, already. If they don't pick you, it's because you're just not what they're looking for in a student (and they are fairly specific that they want academic physicians who've shown leadership qualities in their EC's). Go with the places that pick you, because they picked you for a reason.

Rendar, thanks for the support. If I don't go to Stanford hopefully Duke.

Duke? hmm...maybe you are meant to be an academic physician. You like research, I assume?

I wouldn't mind staying in academic medicine. Duke produces good leaders in the physician world. Although they put emphasis on research, especially with the yr devoted to research, I strongly feel it can give me good placement in academia.

So what non-second tier schools have you been accepted to so far?

None that I am too interested in. Accepted at UCI, UCSF, UCLA, Meharry, Tulane, Ohio State, Wake, Gtown.

Waiting on Duke, UNC, Stanford, and Umich.

The california schools you mentioned are pretty good. What didn't you like about those UCs?

I just want to be in the Stanford area. My sister is near there...

MODERATOR!

Please close this thread!

Best wishes.

Wrigleyville wrote: So what non-second tier schools have you been accepted to so far?

Originally posted by doctorcynical
None that I am too interested in. Accepted at UCI, UCSF, UCLA, Meharry, Tulane, Ohio State, Wake, Gtown.

Waiting on Duke, UNC, Stanford, and Umich.

Originally posted by doctorcynical
I just got an acceptance from Georgetown. Don't think I will be wasting my money at this second tier school.

So, is Georgetown a 2nd tier school or not? This is a serious question: if you're so set on going to Stanford and nothing else, why did you waste your time and money applying to other places? Why not just apply to Stanford and nothing else?

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL.

You have 8 acceptances! and you don't want to go to any of those amazing schools? I DON'T think Georgetown is second-tier at all, it has a great reputation.

Dude, consider yourself lucky for getting all those interviews. But seriously.... if you're not going to any of them but Stanford then why bother even going and spending big $$$ on the interviews ?!? I mean the plane ticket alone must have cost big $$$ and the hotels?

Anyhow, my advice to you is to KEEP these acceptances and go to one of these schools if you don't get in to Stanford.

Remember its NOT the name its the QUALITY of education and I believe that all the schools in the US give that to you!

Ocean why are you wasting the energy trying to rationalize the troll's story? It obviously makes no sense and deserves no second thoughts. This "sister" that he speaks of may very well be the chick that he habitually stalks, or the girl who smacked the pen protector out of his breast pocket when he dropped his thick riimmed bifocals into her cleavage.

I won't waste them... I will just defer at the schools that give this option.

Originally posted by DoctorKevin
LOL, yeah seriously. I don't plan on going since the waitlist tends to not move...

I wouldn't go just because another individual is going.......second tier school with poor placement?

Hmmmm........can your nose get anymore up in the air?

Rocco

Troll,

DON' T GO TO OHIO STATE! PLEASE! ITS A TERRIBLE SCHOOL!!!

Ohio STATE OR BUST!

Rocco
(note: the above was only directed to one individual)

I just got an acceptance from Georgetown. Don't think I will be wasting my money at this second tier school. If you want a crappy residency placement I wish you the best of luck in getting my spot. Hopefully this will give anyone else waiting some hope.

Stanford or Bust.

How is georgetown a second tier school?

Well, when the adcom at Stanford rejects you, you'll rethink your decision. But hey, you can always go to Stewart University.

Well, when the adcom at Stanford rejects you, you'll rethink your decision. But hey, you can always go to Stewart University.

heh, someone is going around bumping old controversial threads that somehow didn't get locked back in the day.

heh, someone is going around bumping old controversial threads that somehow didn't get locked back in the day.

I was being sarcastic, not attempting to restart a whole thread on the aforementioned fake med school.

I was being sarcastic, not attempting to restart a whole thread on the aforementioned fake med school.

I was talking to you, not about you. :)

There's a gang of screen names bumping threads like this one from 4+ years ago and rekindling controversy.

I was talking to you, not about you. :)

There's a gang of screen names bumping threads like this one from 4+ years ago and rekindling controversy.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. Peace.

Still though, Stewart would be a good choice for the OP. Its in California, which is where his sister is. :D

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. It's 4 years old and looks like it was designed to spark some controversy.

Feel free to search out more recent/relevant discussions if your want to discuss this school.

Status
Not open for further replies.