Georgetown Competitive Applicant Pool

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hyperion

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what % of people get in off this list? Is anyone else in this pool? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I was placed in the competitive applicant pool too, so I'm wondering the same thing. In a previous thread, someone posted a very high % number of people eventually accepted from this pool (like over 50%) . . . is this true? Also, do they wait until March to start accepting people from this pool?

WilmEMT said:
I was placed in the competitive applicant pool too, so I'm wondering the same thing. In a previous thread, someone posted a very high % number of people eventually accepted from this pool (like over 50%) . . . is this true? Also, do they wait until March to start accepting people from this pool?

Mrs. Sullivan said that IF you write the 3paragraph persuasive letter to Dr. Laureman then you will have a 50-75% chance of getting accepted. I talked to her recently and she said that Dr. Laureman would probably start looking at these "letter writers" starting end of january or early february.

That's all I know, anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
UCdannyLA said:
Mrs. Sullivan said that IF you write the 3paragraph persuasive letter to Dr. Laureman then you will have a 50-75% chance of getting accepted. I talked to her recently and she said that Dr. Laureman would probably start looking at these "letter writers" starting end of january or early february.

i called the admissions office and they said that 250-300 people are placed in the pool. around 30 get in. sad.

UCdannyLA said:

Be careful with the spelling of his name...it's Dr. Lauerman. Good luck!

For those of you who heard back from Georgetown, when did you interview? I interviewed 12/12 and am hoping to hear back this week. The suspense is killing me...

anyone hear anything yet from this pool?

or does anyone KNOW anything about what we should expect?

I was placed in it recently and when I called last week, I was told that they had already gone through it at least once...that's all I know! Oh, and I was encouraged to "write a letter of interest if you haven't already", so as everyone has said, that seems to be very important if you want a shot.