1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Georgetown Highly Select Pool

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by alphabeta53, Nov 29, 2002.

1. alphabeta53

alphabeta53 *** Super *********
    7+ Year Member

Today I received a letter that placed me in the highly select pool a Georgetown. During the orientation, Mrs. Sullivan said that if we were placed in this pool, we should write a letter. Who should this letter be addressed to? I think she mentioned a name, I don't remember it. An address would be really helpful. What should the contents of this letter be? Is this letter equivalent to a letter of intent or is it more lax than that? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CaNEM

CaNEM Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Send it to the admissions office. You can find the addresses on your photocopy of the secondary application - it is different depending on whether you send regular mail or FedEx.

Yes, the letter Mrs. Sullivan is talking about is a letter of intent. Basically, if you are put into the highly select pool and Georgetown is your top choice, you write a letter explaining this to them and giving reasons for why Georgetown is your top choice. Typically people also say they will withdraw their other applications and decline other acceptances they have gotten or will get. If Georgetown is not your top choice, then you don't need to write a letter (of course this also means you will not get off the waitlist). They are looking to take people off the waitlist that really want to go to Georgetown and it is their first choice. These are the people they consider for acceptance from the highly select pool (and it is also why they don't call it a wait list, because if it is not your first choice and you don't write a letter, there won't be an acceptance coming to "wait" for).

4. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

when did u interview?

5. alphabeta53

alphabeta53 *** Super *********
    7+ Year Member