geno2568

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Status
Pre-Medical
have any of you guys been able to find info on georgetown as far as mission, goals, dean's statement, etc? There app guide has little, and their website has less. I figure i should do some research before writing the secondary, but i cant find anything.

mtruo001

10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I couldnt find any either. I am still trying to look for some of their research publications also.

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
Read the interview feedback. There is a Mrs. Sullivan at Georgetown who gives a little speech on interview day. The highlights are in the interview feedback (read back at least a few years to get the full flavor).

About the Ads

genmonster

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
i was researching georgetown in the archives of this very site, and i tuned up a thread stating that the school is sorta ideologically conservative, especially with regards to issues like stem cell research and abortion. does anyone know if this is true? are there lots of med schools like this????

DoctorPardi

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2005
Alabama
Status
Resident [Any Field]
One thing to know about Georgetown is that 10% of their grads go into Orthopedics. That's my only Georgetown fact, I can't help you with anything more.

*sunny*

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2001
nj
Visit site
Status
there is everything on their website.. maybe put a little more time into looking. including notes from the meeting where they completely redid their curriculum and mission statement etc.

AggieJohn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.aggiepremed.org
Status
Medical Student
Their website is very crappy. I found out a bit about them in the MSAR... I should've checked sdn.

learss79

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Status
genmonster said:
i was researching georgetown in the archives of this very site, and i tuned up a thread stating that the school is sorta ideologically conservative, especially with regards to issues like stem cell research and abortion. does anyone know if this is true? are there lots of med schools like this????
Well, Georgetown is a Jesuit/Catholic university. Because they are a Catholic institution, they do not perform abortions. There are medical schools out there with religious affiliations. Just do research in the MSAR or on the web. I am pro-choice and pro-stem cell research, but I still plan to apply to Georgetown, because as a private religious institution, that is their personal/moral choice.

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
genmonster said:
sorta ideologically conservative, especially with regards to issues like stem cell research ...
keep in mind that this means opposition to embryonic stem cell research, not other forms of stem cell research.

Note to applicants: Don't be sloppy in your thinking or writing. It will come back to bite you.

About the Ads