Georgetown Interview this past week.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...i had my interview at Georgtown this past week. I think this was the first time i actually felt iffy about my interview. I tend to enjoy interviewing but for some reason my interviewer (and you only get one at g'town) didn't seem interested in me from the beginning....he actually yawned at one point (damn!). Anyhow, is there anyone on here with input on how their gtown interview went and the eventual outcome of your application...ie, did anyone have what they thought was a bad interview but still get accepted? I'm really nervous about this one.

Also, I found the school's facilities not up to par with some other schools i've seen but the students seemed friendly and courteous (as much as you can with a physiology test on friday). The day is VERY long for those that haven't gone yet....be prepared to sit on your bum a lot of the day.

One final thing, this is a shot in the dark but if there's a girl named Diana or Diane from Colorado that just interviewed at gtown could you drop me a PM...i need to ask you a couple questions....

Members don't see this ad.

i've heard from many people that g'town is a bit shady when it come sto interivews............so i woldnt' worry too much about it.

nero

thanks shady..what exactly do you mean by "shady"?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by surfdevl02
thanks shady..what exactly do you mean by "shady"?

exactly how you described your interview, seemingly totally uninterested with you and not wanting to be there...........write a LOI, from what I've heard it does Wonders at G'town...........

Nero

Nero, yeah i'll write a LOI if i get that highly coveted "highly select" thing but i don't think they want one now, right after the interview....i can't understand why any school would let uninterested people interview for them.....geez, i know i'm not THAT boring....

surfdevl02,

My friend, JMD1, had the same interview experience as you. He told me they had not even prepared and asked the same question multiple times. In the end, he got accepted. Perhaps they care more about you "on paper" than in person. Good Luck.

Originally posted by JScrusader
surfdevl02,

Perhaps they care more about you "on paper" than in person.

Couldn't have said it better.........they are concnerned with two things.

1. stats
2. why g'town

nirav

I am kind of bitter because I got rejected without an interview, even though I am from a feeder school and a 35 MCAT.

Sorry to hear about that JScrusader, the admissions process truly is a crapshoot. But, nero, i would differ in your opinion that gtown is strictly based on stats (i got below a 30 on my mcat and still got an interview and am not URM) What school is a feeder school to G'town med?? I've never heard of this before although rumor has it that loyola and Holy Cross always get a lot of kids into gtown because i think both of them might be Jesuit as well.

Georgetown truly is concerned about your reasons for wanting to attend there. The lady that does the introduction talks a long time about the "right type" of students for georgetown and reiiterates this all throughout the day. Also, in my interview the guy asked me all the schools i applied to and how and why gtown would match up to them (which i thought was odd...).

Does anyone know the names of the admissions staff people that greeted us at the beginning of the day and then the lady that gave that long speech about "curas personalis". Also, what is the name of the person we are supposed to write the Letter of Intent to if we get in the highly select pool. Thanks.

Does anyone know the names of the admissions staff people that greeted us at the beginning of the day and then the lady that gave that long speech about "curas personalis". Also, what is the name of the person we are supposed to write the Letter of Intent to if we get in the highly select pool. Thanks.

The lady's name is Ms. Sullivan. The letter of intent is addressed to Dr. Russell Wall.

What school is a feeder school to G'town med?? I've never heard of this before although rumor has it that loyola and Holy Cross always get a lot of kids into gtown because i think both of them might be Jesuit as well.

Notre Dame sends quite a few students there every year. ND isn't a Jesuit institution, but the Catholic connection pulls some weight, both in terms of Georgetown attracting ND grads, and in terms of ND grads wanting to go to Georgetown.

Holy Cross, I think there were five graduates in the first year class this year.

Thanks Braindrain...do you happen to know the name of the lady that came out before Ms. Sullivan? I think her name was georgina or something but i couldn't quite understand her, she was talking kinda fast.

JSCrusader, i actually met one of your classmates at my interview last week..he was softspoken and a very nice kid. You're right, there are a lot of Holy Cross kids there....