Georgetown Interview!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JRSCGSR

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got my interview invite today. Was wondering if anyone else is interviewing between now at Nov. 25th, thought maybe I'd setup my interview date and meet some people from the board. Any feedback is appreciated from people with experiences to share. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be there Oct. 15 (tuesday)

Originally posted by JRSCGSR
Got my interview invite today. Was wondering if anyone else is interviewing between now at Nov. 25th, thought maybe I'd setup my interview date and meet some people from the board. Any feedback is appreciated from people with experiences to share. Thanks.
Just wanted to say congrats on your interview invite.

Very cool school. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
i'll be there 11/4.

Hmmm...I'll be out of town from 10/12-10/19, I'll consider 11/4, keep them coming in guys...:)

Originally posted by JRSCGSR
Hmmm...I'll be out of town from 10/12-10/19, I'll consider 11/4, keep them coming in guys...:)

Jackson Racing SuperCharged GSR. How weird. I have a friend with that exact AIM name. Good luck at the interview and nice car!

Georgetown is my first interview!!! Got the letter yesterday. I'll be there November 12th. Congratulations!

I'll be there on Nov 1st. Can someone who interviewed at Georgetown please post their expereince on the interview feedback site. Please! We're going on nothing here.

ill be there nov 15

I don't know if you guys will get the introductory speech from Ms. Sullivan at the beginning of the interview day, but it was awful to sit through it. Basically, it was a 40-minute speech about how they do things differently at Georgetown and if you don't like it, don't go there because they don't want you.

Its amazing how these introductory speeches really reflect the attitude of the school. Some experiences I have had:

Texas Tech -- Very interesting and kind/welcoming introduction by both the Dean of Admissions and President of the SOM

Texas A&M -- Riveting by Mr. Filo who is a wonderfully caring and charming gentleman.

Tulane -- Just an adhoc rountable with Dr. Marc Kahn. he was nice but certainly nothing special.

Vanderbilt -- Adhoc rountable

UT San Antonio -- Great introduction by Dean Jones.

Jefferson -- Rigid interview day, with a nice introduction, but telling that they scheduled a Financial Aid discussion within the first hour.

awesome JRSCGSR. :clap:

so, are you gonna keep making seperate threads for each interview you get or what? please, go see the "offical interview thread"

:laugh:

cabruen,

what's an Adhoc rountable?

ad hoc = unplanned, informal, impromptu, improvised, off-the-cuff, unprepared

Hey

Could you also post your stats as well?
Gracias.

Interviewing 11/12. Posting my stats for everyone out there who feels like their stats are less than adequate in the face of some of the outstanding scores/GPAs on this board.

GPA: 3.5 from a NO NAME college. Even took physics pre-rec at a community college because there wasn't a university available at the time. Science GPA 3.5. Post bac GPA 3.8 science.

MCAT: 10V, 10P, 11B, O

Philosophy major. Volunteer teaching sex-ed to juvenile inmates in the jails, volunteer with planned parenthood. Worked as an EMT, an ER technician and now work in EEG and Sleep Disorders.

For those out there with 'average' stats, take heart. I just got another interview to George Washington. If you have shown dedication with your volunteer activities, and convey your desire to be an outstanding physician for the right reasons, you have a real shot. Good luck, I hope we all get in.

I'll be at Georgetown Nov 15.

samyjay, is your interview on that day for MD or MD/PhD?