Georgetown MHA (Health Systems Administration)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bently

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts (good or bad)?

Members don't see this ad.

its a fairly new program but very very very very expensive

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Travoltage for your reply! Do you think that its worth the loans? Do you think that BU's MPH: Health Policy and Management is a better option? Even though Georgetown is fairly new program, do you think that it has a good reputation?

I'm a current student in the Georgetown MHSA program and here are a couple of my thoughts:

1. It does carry a high price tag, but Georgetown has an excellent reputation nationwide.
2. It is not a new program, but it is growing in terms of national ranking. It is fully accredited.
3. I have enjoyed the program so far. It depends on what you're looking for in a program and where you want to work afterwards. Graduating students have found jobs in consulting, government and hospital fellowships.
4. Each class size is capped at 25 which is great for the classroom experience. However, the downside of this is a smaller alumni base.
5. DC is a great city and at the pinnacle of health care reform. There are ample opportunities for networking and gaining practical work experience through residencies and internships.

Good luck in your search for a graduate program! I highly recommend visiting and sitting in on a class (interviews are required for admission).

Does the school require an interview? If so, has anyone been through the process?