Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone hear from Georgetown today or know when their last admissions meeting was? I interviewed mid Jan so shouldn't a decision come soon? Also, are they mostly sending "highly selects" out right now?

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed mid jan too, they said when we were there that the stuff would be like the 3rd week in feb or something. But i called the other day and they said it'll be another month. Sucks. hope this helps

Thanks cracker....did she say why it's gonna be another month!?!? That sucks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
she (dr sullivan) had no real reason, just that it was running behind. But i talked to a guy in the admissions office and he said that the admissions office gets a little lofty with their expectations and cant seem to get things done that fast. oh well

interviewed mid dec, got highly select letter last week.. maybe you guys have another month if you interviewed in jan

another month?! thanks for the info :(

Talked to Gtown yesterday. (I got the highly select letter in Dec.)Eugene Ford answered my call. He said that they won't start to look in that pile for another month. Send your dean wall letter and chill was his basic response. After the end of March, they'll start to look more frequently with (all together now) 'the greatest movement happening in May'.

Although I have interviewed at UCSF, Georgetown is probably my first choice. Do I write the letter of intent to Dean Wall before my decision comes in (interviewed mid Jan) or only if i get on the highly select list? I shoulda payed more attention on interview day...

You know, good question....

I'm thinking, yeah, go ahead and send one. Georgetown seems to be all about those that are truly excited to be there. If you intend to matriculate once accepted, go ahead and send it. If it's just a letter of interest, wait and see. You could also call or email Ms. Sullivan and ask, she gave us her phone and email at the interview.

Enthusiasm and a letter of intent never hurt anyone. Badgering adcoms can, but I think you sound socially conscious enough to avoid that. I hope you get the acceptance! Let us know.

FYI to Georgetown applicants....i called Ms. Sullivan today and she said those who interviewed in mid Jan (including myself) are going before the committee this Thurs and that to expect a decision 10 days after this. I also asked her about writing a letter of intent before the decision is rendered but she said this would just be futile and that I should just wait till after i hear from them. Anyhow, thought i'd give you guys a heads up....