Georgia ADEX Licensure January 1, 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I Brush My Teeth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a D4 planning to take CDCA and practice in Georgia upon graduation in May of 2021. I understand that GA will be accepting ADEX starting January 1 2021. I plan to take the CIF version of the CDCA where I would take the prosth/endo portion in Fall of 2020 and the rest in Spring of 2021 - with a completion date of 2021. Would this count?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am a D4 planning to take CDCA and practice in Georgia upon graduation in May of 2021. I understand that GA will be accepting ADEX starting January 1 2021. I plan to take the CIF version of the CDCA where I would take the prosth/endo portion in Fall of 2020 and the rest in Spring of 2021 - with a completion date of 2021. Would this count?

Yes, just make sure you take the periodontics portion in addition to the operative portion and you’ll be fine.

I could be wrong but I was under the impression the entire exam had to be taken during 2021 to count for GA.

How are dental students that are planning to practice in Georgia going about the live patient clinical examination requirements (see below)? If one were to take the ADEX or CRDTS clinical exams, what other exam would one need to take that allows them to work on human subjects?

Attachments

• B7D21955-96B5-43FE-8789-4DD3080E61EC.jpeg
    B7D21955-96B5-43FE-8789-4DD3080E61EC.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 135
Members don't see this ad :)
How are dental students that are planning to practice in Georgia going about the live patient clinical examination requirements (see below)? If one were to take the ADEX or CRDTS clinical exams, what other exam would one need to take that allows them to work on human subjects?

You have to take the OSCE exam at a prometric center in addition to the resto and perio portions if you’re planning to take ADEX for a GA license. Last time I checked, CRDTS doesn’t require the OSCE exam.
None of our class is choosing to take CRDTS since ADEX is a bit more widely accepted. Our dates for the exam got rescheduled and so Georgia students are scheduled to take the exam 4/29 and 4/30 with retakes 5/1 and 5/2.

You have to take the OSCE exam at a prometric center in addition to the resto and perio portions if you’re planning to take ADEX for a GA license. Last time I checked, CRDTS doesn’t require the OSCE exam.
None of our class is choosing to take CRDTS since ADEX is a bit more widely accepted. Our dates for the exam got rescheduled and so Georgia students are scheduled to take the exam 4/29 and 4/30 with retakes 5/1 and 5/2.
Thank you for replying. Are you allowed to take the restorative and periodontal portions on a CompeDont or must they be completed on actual patients?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for replying. Are you allowed to take the restorative and periodontal portions on a CompeDont or must they be completed on actual patients?

Georgia only accepts live patient exams for perio and resto. We tried writing letter and petitioning, but the GA Board of Dentistry has told us absolutely will they not accept manikin exams for licensure.

Reactions: 1 users
Been contacting the Georgia board often as well, my school may be cancelling live patient CDCA and only offering mannekin. Wondering what would happen in that case

I took the ADEX in 2018 and I would like to practice in GA. Would I have to retake the ADEX again as well as the OSCE exam (or even CRDTS) in order to be able to practice? This is crazy.

Does anybody know if live patient ADEX is still happening in May? I've heard rumors about the state switching back to CRDTS

Hi! Did you ever find out if the Georgia board accepts the prosth/endo portion of ADEX taken in the fall of 2020? I'm in the same situation and applying for the GA license now so it would be really helpful to know. Thanks!