Status
Resident [Any Field]
do you know what a good school is?

A good school is...
???

Oct 22, 2013
Status
Dental Student
When I interviewed there, I was astonished at the program and what they had to offer. Just my two cents.

Hippo529

7+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2011
Hogwarts
Status
Pre-Dental
In my opinion the reason why the acceptance rate is reported as ~25% is because they accept mostly in-state residents. If you look at the number of applicants you can kind of see that they accept about 1/4 of them. I think when I looked at the numbers, they interview about half of their applicants and then select about half of that for the class. At least that's what I gathered from past data...don't quote me on this.

nahehes49

5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
They accept 5% OOS and all in state. They wanna produce Georgia dentists who will stay and pride themselves in being the only dental school in the state of Georgia. They get tremendous amount of support from the state government.

I'm a ga resident. Still haven't heard from them after my interview but I was accepted to Penn and ucsf. So a bit confused.

bimmer

7+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Status
Dental Student
They accept 5% OOS and all in state. They wanna produce Georgia dentists who will stay and pride themselves in being the only dental school in the state of Georgia. They get tremendous amount of support from the state government.

I'm a ga resident. Still haven't heard from them after my interview but I was accepted to Penn and ucsf. So a bit confused.
I'm from GA too,went to UGA, but got denied from GRU, but got an interview at PENN nextmonth so...yeah GRU is somewhat perplexing.