Georgia residencies plethora?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rattlergirl53

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I have a friend who I feel like is pulling my leg or in lala land. They keep saying that they is a shortage of clinical pharmacists in the Atlanta area. Also that there are a lot of small hospitals in small towns like in Fort Valley that have residencies that are not that popular so easier to get. Also that there is a new hospital opening next year in Fayetteville that needs residents but of course it won't be ASHP accredited but none the less this all just seems to good to be true. Some one from Georgia please enlighten me because I always though Atlanta was saturated with pharmacist and that they were no residencies that were easy to get.

Members don't see this ad.

Doesn't Georgia have a compounding exam? I know I'm not applying to anything NYS for this reason. Maybe GA is slightly less competitive for the same reason? Still, I haven't really heard of any residencies anywhere that are "easy" to get into, since so many people want them nowadays.