General Admissions & OTCAS Georgia State University (GSU) Interview M/OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virgohippie

Reaction score
I recently got asked to go to an interview on 11/16! Has anyone here had an interview with GSU yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How was your interview?! I have mine on the 7th.

Reactions: 1 user
I had my interview on 11/16 as well...I think our group was the first to be interviewed. Hope it went well for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey i also have mine on the 7th! Did you get another email with the details of the interview? I haven't gotten anything yet and it's in 6 days.

Mine went great I believe! I am so excited to hear back! Just make sure you prepare the best you can and get some sleep beforehand so you can think easier!

Last edited:
Hey i also have mine on the 7th! Did you get another email with the details of the interview? I haven't gotten anything yet and it's in 6 days.
I just got an email with the details a few hours ago, did you get anything??

Has anyone who interviewed on 11/16 heard back yet? I know they sent letters out to some people.

I had my interview on 11/16 as well...I think our group was the first to be interviewed. Hope it went well for you!
Do you have any recommendations? Was it all of the faculty interviewing you?

congrats that’s awesome! i am ‘patiently’ waiting... i had my interview 12/7

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on acceptances! I got my acceptance about 2 or 3 weeks after the interview I believe (mine was 11/16). Good luck to those who recently interviewed--hope you get in!!

are you guys accepting? how do y’all feel about it officially being an OTD program now?

are you guys accepting? how do y’all feel about it officially being an OTD program now?
I’m accepting. I know salary wise it’s not gonna make a difference to have the doctorate but I think it will make us better practitioners. Also the fact that Georgia state is more affordable than most programs and you can get your doctorate is a plus to me.

I’m accepting. I know salary wise it’s not gonna make a difference to have the doctorate but I think it will make us better practitioners. Also the fact that Georgia state is more affordable than most programs and you can get your doctorate is a plus to me.
I am also accepting. Georgia State is very affordable, so even with the added year I am still comfortable with the total cost of the program.

I have accepted as well! Honestly I wish it was staying a Masters program because there will likely be no pay increase in jobs for having a doctorate plus the additional year of school that you have to pay for. However I think GSU is affordable and hopefully we will get a lot out of having the additional year!

Is there anyone who hasn't heard anything?
we were given until the 22nd to accept so I’m sure they will send out more acceptances after the 22nd because probably not everyone will accept so don’t lose hope!

Reactions: 1 users
would anyone that’s been accepted want to share phone numbers or social media to have communication with one another prior to the start of the program if we have any questions?

would anyone that’s been accepted want to share phone numbers or social media to have communication with one another prior to the start of the program if we have any questions?
I do! I will message you

Yes for sure! Will send you a message with my info

I am! I don’t really have a good feeling about this 😅 trying to be hopeful
I am waiting as well! I heard they were running behind on apps, and they also just closed 2 weeks for winter break. I am trying to be patient but it’s been a month since my interview already :(

Hey guys! I got an interview invite before the holidays! And my interview is actually tomorrow!! So ill let you guys know how it goes! are you guys still waiting for an interview invite?

Hey guys! I got an interview invite before the holidays! And my interview is actually tomorrow!! So ill let you guys know how it goes! are you guys still waiting for an interview invite?
oh wow didn't know they're doing another round of interviews but congrats! Most of us that commented earlier have already had our interviews and we're waiting for our acceptance/wait list/ or rejection. They mostly asked situational questions and since it's a virtual interview i personally felt it was more laid back. Good luck!

oh wow didn't know they're doing another round of interviews but congrats! Most of us that commented earlier have already had our interviews and we're waiting for our acceptance/wait list/ or rejection. They mostly asked situational questions and since it's a virtual interview i personally felt it was more laid back. Good luck!
Thank you so much!! Yea I just had it! It was laid back!

Has anyone who’s still waiting heard anything?

I'm still waiting too ugh :( I'm so sick of waiting
I agree. There are a couple of schools I am still waiting to hear back from. This part of the process is what gets really stressful. So tempted to keep refreshing my email but I stopped doing that cause just haven't gotten anything back yet. Do you also feel the same way?

I agree. There are a couple of schools I am still waiting to hear back from. This part of the process is what gets really stressful. So tempted to keep refreshing my email but I stopped doing that cause just haven't gotten anything back yet. Do you also feel the same way?
I’m in the same position as you :( I keep refreshing this page and my email. I’m so tempted to email and ask.

If anyone emails them let me know what they say. I am starting to get worried

Reactions: 1 users
I think they said expect to hear about 6-8 weeks after the interview, it’s only been a little over 5 weeks... I do keep checking my email though hoping there will be at least something