Position Available Geriatrics Fellowship - Long Island NY (near NYC) - starts July 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geriatricsLI

Reaction score
The Geriatric Medicine Fellowship at NYU Langone Long Island Hospital is currently accepting applications for our 2022-2023 fellowship year. We offer a fully accredited one year Geriatric Medicine fellowship in a supportive teaching environment with generous salary ($75,000+), educational stipends and other great benefits.

We are located in Mineola, Long Island NY, just 30 minutes from midtown Manhattan via the Long Island Railroad. NYU Long Island is part of the NYU Langone Health System.

Our fellowship provides experiences in an office based practice, an active inpatient and hospital consult service, and off campus clinical sites at highly regarded nursing homes. In addition to superb clinical experiences, we provide a well-rounded education including communication seminars, courses on billing/coding/documentation and training in nursing home medical directorship. Fellows also have research opportunities and financial support for attending Geriatric Medicine conferences. We are offer three optional electives: palliative care, wound care, and medical directorship. Additionally, we provide an additional Family Practice Outpatient experience for our graduates of FP residencies.

Anyone considering a geriatrics, primary care, hospitalist position, or another IM sub-specialty should definitely consider a one-year geriatric fellowship to improve clinical, communication, and palliative skills, to enhance telephone medicine and inpatient medical care, to become experts in managing dementia, delirium and other geriatric syndromes, and to gain sub-specialty certification.

A further description of our program can be found at our website: Geriatric Medicine Fellowship | NYU Langone Health.

One of our graduates said: “From the academic perspective to the human aspects of geriatric medicine, all my expectations were surpassed. The teaching has made me a better physician. I am very proud to say that I was part of this training program.” – SG

Applications are being accepted via email on an ongoing basis and are conducted via video chat. For further information contact Jen Brown through phone (516) 663-4640 or E-mail [email protected].

Members don't see this ad.