Quantcast

German/Canadian Dual Citizen - Raised in Canada- Med school in Germany?

Application is now open for MD & PhD 2022 Intake
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmayer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone can give me some guidance on what I would need in order to apply and have a good chance at acceptance at a German medical school. I have dual (German/Canadian) citizenship. Would I be treated equally with the other German applicants? I was raised in Canada and am finishing my undergrad degree in Honors Medical Sciences. Despite being a German citizen, I am not fluent, so obviously I would have to learn the language before applying. Is it possible for me? What do I have to do? Thanks

tomtom84

Reaction score
Hey docmayer,

i will try to help you. Sorry for my bad english. I´m working on it ;) Hope you can understand what i want to say. It´s a little bit tricky because you are a german and a canadian citizien.

German citiziens have to apply at www.hochschulstart.de This is really hard because you should have very good grades in all of your subjects to become a place to study.

As a non eu citizen you can apply at the university directly. A list of all universitys you finde here https://www.thieme.de/viamedici/medizinstudium/adressen/fakultaeten.html

I would say you should write an e-mail to www.hochschulstart.de and describe your situation.

I hope i could help you a little bit and you could understand me ;)

With kind regards thomas

I love cake

Reaction score
having done your schooling outside of germany, you compete under the foreigner category. regardless of citizenship or thats what i've gathered around here.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.