• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Tippyboat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi Guys,

Sorry about asking this question again, but my dilemma is since I didn't plan this into my schedule, if I drop this class then I can't take TWO of the classes I'm already signed up for next quarter (for which this class is a prerequisite). Which would give me only 2 classes next quarter as well as mess up graduation plans.
There's only a final left, and it is worth a lot, but this is one of those classes where the professor gives wild problems on the tests, so the test averages are somewhere around 30%. I have been beating the average (which is a C) but only by a tiny bit.

Since it is a required science class, should I take the final (no more chance to withdraw) and hope for the best, maybe get a C+?
How is it viewed if I get a C and take it again? I'm pretty sure with any other professor I'd get an A.

Thanks

Fiko18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
don't withdraw, just take the C+, its not that big of a deal, if u have to retake it again do it later, dont set ur self back by withdrawing. its an easy decision here

Slowpoke

10+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2008
Maximum Security Anti-Zombie Fortress
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
don't withdraw, just take the C+, its not that big of a deal, if u have to retake it again do it later, dont set ur self back by withdrawing. its an easy decision here

quoted for mutha effin truth.

as it has been addressed time and time again, a single C is certainly not going to kill you, but if it's your 20th C you might be in a sticky situation.

About the Ads

katarina90

10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2008
Nevada
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I'd go with the C. A few Cs=not a huge deal. But messing up your graduation plans/spring schedule=much bigger deal.

chessodoc

10+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
take the C+. I had a recent interview where I mentioned my C in orgo-lab. The interviewer dismissed it with - "everyone gets that one"

Though not by much, a C+ is weighed higher than a C on the GPA scale, so definitely take the C+ over withdrawing.

dragonfly99

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Wow. 30% class average...sounds like my college physics class but at least my prof gave points for homework and there was a curve (upward).

I don't think one single C+ will kill you, but what is your overall GPA?

Tippyboat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Overall GPA is 3.67 right now, science GPA is about the same.

violet7

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Withdraw. I have one withdrawal on my transcript (also physics btw, but for a different reason), never was asked about it.

GoggleOryzae

Pierce the Heavens!
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2008
East Coast
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hmmm... sounds like a tough decision, but I would say take the C since a withdrawal is going to mess up graduation. If you have time to take the class again then go for it. If not I don't think it'll hurt, especially if it's your only one. So far I haven't been asked about a C+ I've gotten at interviews. Good luck! :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.