get a credit report SOON!!!!

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by jhug, Nov 20, 2001.

1. jhug

jhug 1K Member

This is just a quick note to tell everyone to get a credit report!!! I just got one and found that I've been mixed up with 4 other people and now have $23,000 in debt!! Of course they are working on fixing it-- but if i had never checked i would have tried to apply for med school loans and there is no way i would have gotten them! Plus, the supreme court just passed a ruling that if something is on your credit for 2 years, mix-up or not, you are stuck with it! I used <a href="http://www.experian.com" target="_blank">www.experian.com</a> and they have been very attentive, but there are millions out there that will do it.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....

Yep very good advice. Because if there is an error on your credit report, it can take up to 3 months to get it corrected. So get it... !!!

4. mikeaparker

mikeaparker Senior Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Question... I've heard that if you are applying for only stafford sub/unsub loans, there is no credit check..
    Only a problem if you have defaulted on student loans.. anyone else heard anything different???

Thanks..

Mike

5. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....

I'm pretty sure you are right. You only need a credit report if you plan on taking out Private Loans.

6. jhug

jhug 1K Member

For anyone wanting to rent...almost all apartment complexes will want a credit check! eeeek!