get a credit report SOON!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhug

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is just a quick note to tell everyone to get a credit report!!! I just got one and found that I've been mixed up with 4 other people and now have $23,000 in debt!! Of course they are working on fixing it-- but if i had never checked i would have tried to apply for med school loans and there is no way i would have gotten them! Plus, the supreme court just passed a ruling that if something is on your credit for 2 years, mix-up or not, you are stuck with it! I used <a href="http://www.experian.com" target="_blank">www.experian.com</a> and they have been very attentive, but there are millions out there that will do it.

Members don't see this ad.

Yep very good advice. Because if there is an error on your credit report, it can take up to 3 months to get it corrected. So get it... !!!

Question... I've heard that if you are applying for only stafford sub/unsub loans, there is no credit check..
Only a problem if you have defaulted on student loans.. anyone else heard anything different???

Thanks..

Mike

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure you are right. You only need a credit report if you plan on taking out Private Loans.

For anyone wanting to rent...almost all apartment complexes will want a credit check! eeeek!