1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

get a credit report SOON!!!!

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by jhug, Nov 20, 2001.

1. jhug

jhug 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

This is just a quick note to tell everyone to get a credit report!!! I just got one and found that I've been mixed up with 4 other people and now have $23,000 in debt!! Of course they are working on fixing it-- but if i had never checked i would have tried to apply for med school loans and there is no way i would have gotten them! Plus, the supreme court just passed a ruling that if something is on your credit for 2 years, mix-up or not, you are stuck with it! I used <a href="http://www.experian.com" target="_blank">www.experian.com</a> and they have been very attentive, but there are millions out there that will do it.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....
    10+ Year Member

Yep very good advice. Because if there is an error on your credit report, it can take up to 3 months to get it corrected. So get it... !!!

4. mikeaparker

mikeaparker Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Question... I've heard that if you are applying for only stafford sub/unsub loans, there is no credit check..
    Only a problem if you have defaulted on student loans.. anyone else heard anything different???

Thanks..

Mike

5. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....
    10+ Year Member

I'm pretty sure you are right. You only need a credit report if you plan on taking out Private Loans.

6. jhug

jhug 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

For anyone wanting to rent...almost all apartment complexes will want a credit check! eeeek!