get burned out too easily??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shreypete

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For some reason, I don't know why I get burned out too quickly especially after taking an exam/test...say the test is on friday, I usually start 1 1/2 eeks before and systematically finish it but after the exam is over, I go through this burn out phase which lasts 6-7 days!!!! is this weird?? Does anyone else have this problem?? where one week you study very hard but the next, you end up wasting all day long doing nothing?? how can one cope with such a problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Thats not weird....completely expected if you're waiting for that last week to study your butt off. If thats the strategy that brings in the good grades then so be it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you getting the scores you want to be getting? If you are I'd say stick to what you are doing.

Well I am getting the scores that I want...but I end up being prepared for the next test after that as I'm usually slowly recovering from the burn out. That's where the problem is.

I think it's pretty normal... most people I know take time off after exams.

even though when I'm in test week studying 10+ hours a day trying to make up for being behind I promise myself I won't slack so much next time, after exams are over there's always a crazy weekend followed by a week or more of vacation. It's kind of impossible to avoid.. I learn/function a lot better under pressure.

It's completely normal. You sort of build up that anticipation or excitement while you're studying and when the exam is finally over, you relaxed.

I just don't do anything hardcore for a few days after the exam or a project deadline even though I feel like getting right into the next task in my current situation.

But as long as you're getting the grades, don't worry about it.