Get paid writing USMLE practice questions part time, from home!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TestPrep Jobs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are looking for an opportunity to apply your medical education outside of a clinical setting while you’re still in training? Whenever you can make the time? With flexible weekly/monthly time commitments? From the comfort of your own home?

Well, here is your opportunity to work for one of the leading medical test preparation companies in the country! This side job looks great on your CV, allows you to stay on top of medical literature, and puts cash in your pocket.

If you are a medical student or medical doctor who is passionate about teaching and want to join an enthusiastic team of physicians and supporting staff, you are a great fit. The company is currently looking for authors to create test preparation material for the USMLE Step 1, 2-CK and 3 exams.

Qualifications:
*Must have taken and passed USMLE Step 1
*Currently enrolled in or graduate of a US medical school
*Strong editorial, written and verbal communication skills required
*Understanding board preparation vs. standard medical knowledge
*Part-time or full-time available, work from home

Please send a PM for more information on this great opportunity

Members don't see this ad.

I should mention that I've been working with this company for almost 3 years (I also initially found a posting on SDN back then), and I have had an excellent experience. We are working on producing a high-quality bank of questions to rival the best resources that students are currently using to prepare. Aside from the obvious benefit of the side income (just during residency, I've been able to buy a house, drive a nice car, and also recently bought a motorcycle), it's a great way to stay up to date with the literature. I essentially get paid to study material in my specialty, which makes me look smart when I'm talking to attendings/colleagues (since you're forced to learn a pretty systematic approach to medicine when you spend a lot of time teaching it), patients (since I get a lot of practice in the art of distilling complex concepts down to simple explanations), and medical students (they love the fact that I have insights into what they need to learn for exams). Since starting this job, I've gone from an average student at an average med school to a top resident at a brand-name residency program (they even gave me a teaching award, which I attribute largely to the fact that I had this extra educational experience), and I've gotten paid to do the homework for this.

So anyway, I wanted to point it out because somebody looking at this thread might be skeptical, but I've been posting on these forums for a long time, so I thought I'd vouch for their legitimacy.

Reactions: 1 users
Are looking for an opportunity to apply your medical education outside of a clinical setting while you’re still in training? Whenever you can make the time? With flexible weekly/monthly time commitments? From the comfort of your own home?

Well, here is your opportunity to work for one of the leading medical test preparation companies in the country! This side job looks great on your CV, allows you to stay on top of medical literature, and puts cash in your pocket.

If you are a medical student or medical doctor who is passionate about teaching and want to join an enthusiastic team of physicians and supporting staff, you are a great fit. The company is currently looking for authors to create test preparation material for the USMLE Step 1, 2-CK and 3 exams.

Qualifications:

Hello, I'm interested in this job could you send more information? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)

Qualifications:

Please send me more information, thank you.

I normally don't comment on individual company's in a negative fashion but I'd strongly advise against working for company. The pay is near insulting and they have a lengthy process that is going to waste about 4-5 hours of you time to just find out how much they will pay. I just spent about the past month dealing with this company and needless to say it yielded a lot of wasted time.

Long story short, there are much better question writing opportunities that don't pay <$30/hr. I'd avoid unless you are desperate for the money.

Hello, I'm interested in this job could you send more information? Thanks!

I'd be interested in hearing more about this opportunity.

Qualifications:

Hi-- I would be interested in hearing more about this opportunity. Thanks.

Hello, I am interested. Please send me more information. Thank you.

Hello I'm interested in this job. Please send me an email.