get widsom teeth out now, or wait till D-school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tam0026

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to get my wisdom teeth out now and pay full price (with what little my insurance will cover) or just wait till i'm in d-school? Is there that much of a difference in price?

Members don't see this ad.

how much will it cost you now. It cost me 300$ to get all 4 pulled but I was awake at my general dentist with gas as well. It' somewhat of a hassle in dental school since you have to have a complete work up for everything but if it's a significant price difference go for it.

I think it is more the matter of being comfortable in the hands of a student rather than a practicing dentist and also willing to spend longer hours for the procedure to be completed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Comet208 said:
I think it is more the matter of being comfortable in the hands of a student rathern a practicing dentist and also willing to spend longer hours for the procedure to be completed.

good point---cost is looking like $1100. But havign it done faster is more appealing.

Congrats!!!!! You just won "THE DUMBEST THREAD AWARD" of SDN. You will be receiving your prize within few days in Never-Deliver Mail.

if thats the money issure, then i would wait till the school starts.

Well, if we're all going to be practising on each other anyways, might as well have some students who really need procedures done instead of just giving fake injections all day...

Are they erupted all the way? If so, then extracting those is really no different than any other tooth. If so, then get one of your buddies in dental school to do it. If they're impacted I would get the oral surgery residents to do it. Just my 2 cents.

TODDS2BE said:
Congrats!!!!! You just won "THE DUMBEST THREAD AWARD" of SDN. You will be receiving your prize within few days in Never-Deliver Mail.
Sage advice from someone with a whopping three weeks of experience reading SDN. I think we'd better do as the kid says.