Getting 2 LORs by sept 15th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ipodtouch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have 2 LORs in, and waiting on my 3rd. Unfortunately, It'll be from my preceptor I am working with now, and he won't have his letter ready until mid-late september.

I heard something from someone that if I had 2 LORs in by early sept, I should be ok.

I have no idea what this means, and was wondering if someone could shed some light on the saying. Wouldn't it not matter until I have all of my letters in? Programs won't be able to evaluate me until all my letters are in...

Members don't see this ad.

I currently have 2 LORs in, and waiting on my 3rd. Unfortunately, It'll be from my preceptor I am working with now, and he won't have his letter ready until mid-late september.

I heard something from someone that if I had 2 LORs in by early sept, I should be ok.

I have no idea what this means, and was wondering if someone could shed some light on the saying. Wouldn't it not matter until I have all of my letters in? Programs won't be able to evaluate me until all my letters are in...

I'm in the same situation. Can someone comment on this? Is two letters by sept 15th ok? Our med school 4th year advisor said you should have 3, because programs don't like having to check for updates to applications multiple times...not sure if this is true and I also know that it is also important to get the application in early.

I'm in the same situation. Can someone comment on this? Is two letters by sept 15th ok? Our med school 4th year advisor said you should have 3, because programs don't like having to check for updates to applications multiple times...not sure if this is true and I also know that it is also important to get the application in early.

Our school said aim for 2 - BUT WHY NOT AIM FOR 3 or 4? the sooner your application is complete the better.

Technically you can apply on Sept 20 but why not just do it on Sept 15?? THe list goes on