getting 52% on the last course of my program change my acceptance statue?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AceDentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wrote my final, and everyone found it really hard. I estimated the lowest overall score that I can get in this course will be 52% (D-). I already got accepted to one dental school, but the acceptance letter said I need to maintain a good acadamic average. However, this is the LAST and ONLY course I took to finish my degree this year. Do you think adcom will reject me just b/c this course? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that you will do fine on your exam, but if you do do badly, I may want to be the first to tell your prospective dental schools instead of them finding out in a round about way.

That said, being that you were already accepted somewhere means that that school was SURE about you. I wouldn't be too terribly worried. Good luck with everything. I know how much it sucks waiting for a grade that you are nervous about....

After it becomes official, might as well call them and ask about it. I can't imagine they would be happy with a D, but if your average is still good then maybe it will matter less. On the brighter side, there's still time to repeat a class if you have to.

the problem is...the course is only offered in September - December :(

Talk to your professor. I had, this, um, friend ;) that had a similar situation. His professor knew he was accepted into dental school... and gave him a C.
-C

BIOC IV. I purposely left that course to the end after I applied for dental school b/c I knew that course is the hardest course offered in my program..