1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

getting a BA before med school ?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Doc24, May 9, 2008.

1. Doc24

Non-Student
    Hello,
    if you did average in upper secondary school (High school) is it common to get a BA in order to better your grades ? so you can have a chance of be admitted at a medical school ? is it something that is usually done ? I want to make in a med school in scandinavia. do you think this is the best way to go?

appreciate your help

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. shreypete

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It is definitely an advantage as they would consider your BA degree course more than the high school grades. Also sometimes (usually if the medical program is in english), you can also get exemptions for certain courses (like cell biology, genetics, histology etc.)

As a matter of fact, it's actually advisable that students do some sort of an undergrad degree because not only do those grades count, but it also help you cope with up with the workload when you're in med school.

4. Doc24

Non-Student
    great ! that is what i would do, I will get a BA related to the medical field,I will raise my gpa, I will learn the new language ,take the advanced courses and apply for admission in Norway. Its going to be a long path but there is no other possible way for me. besides if I dont try it,I will never know.

thank you .

5. shreypete

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    yeah I think that's a good idea coz you'll have a lot more time to practice on your new language....good luck mate,,,,

cheers