Getting a "C" or "D" in undergrad after being accepted (USC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RyanRyan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm sort of in panic mode because I just took a plant biology midterm and I think I did awful. I'm not really sure what happened because I studied really hard for the exam. Its not a pre-requisite for the school I've been accepted to, but I do need it go graduate, but worst case scenario is just I have to take it over spring or summer.

I just needed a 47% on the final to pass with a "C" in the class and 72% to get a B because I had an A- going into the final.

My question is, what if I get a C, can schools drop me from their program? I've been accepted to USC and they say you need a cumalative GPA to remain a 3.0, not sure if I can get C's or not, I'm just sort of worried. Also in the event that I fail the class, does anyone know what USC's actions (or most other schools) would be? Anyone else been in this situation?

Members don't see this ad.

You're screwed!

Just Kidding.

I'm in a similar situation. I just simply slacked off after getting offers. It really depends on the classes that you're doing poorly in. If they're prereqs, then you might be in trouble, but if they're others classes then the schools might be more lenient. I'm not completely sure about USC, but usually you just need to maintain a "C" in your courses.
I finished all my prereqs already, so for spring I'm just taking 2 music classes and working on my tan.

You're screwed!

Just Kidding.

I'm in a similar situation. I just simply slacked off after getting offers. It really depends on the classes that you're doing poorly in. If they're prereqs, then you might be in trouble, but if they're others classes then the schools might be more lenient. I'm not completely sure about USC, but usually you just need to maintain a "C" in your courses.
I finished all my prereqs already, so for spring I'm just taking 2 music classes and working on my tan.

The bad part is I haven't even been slacking off. I had an A- coming into the Final there were just some questions worth 1/5 of the entire exam that I TOTALLY had no idea how to do. I talked to some folks afterwards though and they all agreed it was a hard exam but I'm not 100% sure if there is going to be a curve so its stressing me out :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I highly doubt USC will drop you for 1 C, especially in a non-prereq course.

I do'nt know why I get so worried about things, I just need a 47% just to get a 73% average in the class.

But I can't help but feel worried and I still have my huge anatomy final in less than 2 days.

This whole getting accepted thing is great and all but I don't think I've been so stressed, I feel like I'm constantly going to get my admissions revoked.

I just took everything for P/NP after I found out I got into USC. Just as long as its not a prereq. Why risk getting a C?

I just took everything for P/NP after I found out I got into USC. Just as long as its not a prereq. Why risk getting a C?

So C's do matter? I couldn't find that anywhere on the acceptance letter. Maybe I should call them and ask.

I'm such a headcase about this I can't even study for my anatomy final, I just can't believe how horrible that plant bio final was.