getting a California residency from SUNY Downstate

baya

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2004
  1. Medical Student
    Hi,

I'd like to hear from people who went to SUNY Downstate and tried to go to California for residency. Did you succeed?

I know it's possible, because a couple people do it every year. But that doesn't tell me whether there were many more who wanted to but didn't match. Of course, most Downstaters are NYers who want to stay in NY, so the database is very small.

So please chime in if you or someone you know went to SUNY and wanted to go to California for residency. Please let me know whether you succeeded or not.

Thanks!

BassDominator

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Mar 16, 2004
      It really depends on the strength of your application.

I'm from Einstein, but I think we have a similar reputation. We have several people each year go to California.... but they tend to be California natives and/or strong applicants, usually AOA.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.