1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

getting a LOR from a professor from outside college

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jillzhou, Jul 24, 2011.

1. jillzhou

7+ Year Member

After taking Physics 2 in the summer at a different college, (about 2 years ago) I feel the professor would be able to write me a good rec considering I scored an A after visiting his office hours and asking him countless questions. The guy is a genius, and very down to earth nice guy. My question is..is it too late to contact this professor? The school I currently go to is known to have not so good recs from professors/pre-health committee..have any of you done this before?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aSagacious

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Absolutely. If the professor has previously taught you in a course then he is certainly qualified to write you a letter of rec, regardless of whether he teaches at your current institution or not.

4. CityLights

7+ Year Member

Sounds like he's a great choice.

5. pkwraith

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It is a little late if you're talking about getting a LoR for this application cycle. You typically want to give the professor a good few month notice.

If you're asking whether 2 years is too long, then not really. If you think he still remembers you, get into contact. Sooner rather than later.