<Deleted>

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CSmedlife

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
<Deleted>

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Worked at a small software company for a few years before med school. Have been able to integrate/further my skills in ai/ml through research without a masters. It’s pretty hot right now. I don’t think getting a masters is worth it when your ultimately gonna end up with an md. But if you want to pay for it up to you I guess.

I know someone who did this at my college. Now a DR resident so it def worked out for them!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to do this I’d say go all in and get a PhD. I was an engineer major in undergrad and did a lot of coding. Now doing a lot of work in AI on clinical side especially for prediction modeling. Definitely a big future in this and a PhD is likely to open more opportunities than just a masters and you’ll get a deeper understanding of AI. Plus you could basically match into any residency, assuming scores are decent. And VC firms will be banging on your door before you graduate Med school. All scenarios based on real life events. With a masters will have same as above but attenuated.