Quantcast

Getting admitted without completing prereqs

Clinical Shadowing Summer '22 Programs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moxche

Reaction score
Have any of you been admitted to a school without completing one of its prereqs? I know some (most?) schools issues acceptances "assuming completion of pre-reqs", I'm just wondering if they are ever lenient on enforcing this.

SirGecko

Go Navy
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you been admitted to a school without completing one of its prereqs? I know some (most?) schools issues acceptances "assuming completion of pre-reqs", I'm just wondering if they are ever lenient on enforcing this.

You can get an acceptance without all the prereqs. You cannot matriculate without the prereqs.

wanderer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why would you even take a chance with this?
BTW, some schools require completion of pre-reqs pior to applying or Fall semester of your application year.

moxche

Reaction score
Why would you even take a chance with this?
BTW, some schools require completion of pre-reqs pior to applying or Fall semester of your application year.

After another reading of this school's website I realized I won't meet one of their requirements. Yes, I should have tripled-check this before applying, but what's done is done. I was wondering if anyone here had had any success in getting a school to be lenient with them about this.

drizzt3117

chick magnet
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my friends had her acceptance recinded in April to her first choice school because she didn't have a prereq fulfilled...

wanderer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
True, but these are rare. Most don't have requirements other than "before matriculation."
While they are rare, they are not unheard of. Why waste a few applications when you could have applied elsewhere for the same amount of effort/money?

For example for eastern schools Wake Forest, Temple (or maybe Drexel), Penn State, and Cornell all require pre-reqs done prior to application or by January of your senior year. Many other schools "strongly recommend" that pre-reqs be completed before application, though I bet if one has very strong grades, it won't make the slightest difference.

Last edited: