Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Getting an extension

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by A-MAC, Nov 2, 1999.

1. A-MAC

A-MAC Member
    10+ Year Member

I have been accepted at UHS, but I just got an interview at AZCOM which is another school I am very interested in. I have to let UHS know by November 12 if I am going to attend there or not. I think I saw a post from miglo that UHS granted him an extension to decide, if this is correct could you let me know ? Was it difficult to get the extension? Also for anyone who has been to AZCOM what do you think of the school? I know it is a knew school but it sounds like a great school, and the weather and campus sound very nice. For anyone who has been to UHS and AZCOM how do they compare? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SD

SD Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I believe mig did get an extension there. Try giving them a call and asking them. I know of a couple of other schools who are more than willing to give extensions.

------------------
    Sara
    Class of 2004 at XXXXX

4. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

A-MAC,

UHS is a great school. I highly recommend it. Great facitilies, friendly campus, great professors. Excellent clinical training opportunities.

I didn't apply to Arizona, but I do know this. Someone correct me if I'm worng here, Please. Because they are so new, they have not been accredited yet. They can not recieve accreditation until the first class is rolled out, which I think is either next year or the year after. A few other schools have this problem to I believe (if they're under 4 years old). I'm not for certain on the direct effects this may have on you or anyone else.

Could someone else (who knows the facts) please elaborate on this? Perhaps it's not even a problem.

5. miglo

miglo Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

A-MAC: They were extremely nice when I asked for the extension. Give them a call. UHS tries hard to make you happy. Its a great school but I'm still debating it over COMP....a very hard choice. Good luck.

6. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

A-MAC and company,
    AZCOM is provisionally accredited but will receive it fully accreditation this spring when the first class graduates. They are passing all benchmarks with flying colors and have a 96% and 100% pass rate on the boards thus far! I was there on the 21st and they were FULLY confident that there was no way they would not be accredited. AZCOM was poured from a mould forged by CCOM and is set up for the success they have seen. AZCOM boasts lots of great things, which you will see if you visit, such as being the only med school in the Phoenix area and only one of two schools in the state!

7. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

P.S.
    The accreditation thing is totally not a problem unless you are applying for a program that REQUIRES accreditation to grant monies.

------------------
    From one thing learn 10,000 things..
    -Miyamoto Musashi

8. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks Rhillstr, I appreciate the quit response to my plea for assistance. I had heard that the lack of accredidation was a serious deal, but I guess it's just rumors.

------------------
    DocGibby
    MSUCOM class of 2004