Getting anxious--Add more schools or ride it out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coreyb

Dentist
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting rather anxious and nervous. I've already been denied from 1, and decided not to apply to Loma Linda. Also, I've only had 1 interview invite and it was for Case Western's ALTERNATE list.

Q?: Should I add more schools to my AADSAS list?

Q?: Is it too late in the process to get anything from adding?

Q?: Should I just relax and let it ride?

Ugh, so much riding on getting into Dental school!

Members don't see this ad.

the bad news: if the first 17 schools didn't like you, the 18th... 19th... etc. won't either!

the good news: there is a large spike in applicants this year, give it time, your numbers should get you in somewhere!

i think 17 schools is a lot...you should get in somewhere! just keep hoping! and don't fret too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
it seems like you applied to a good range of schools (hard ones and some that are rumored to be easier to get into) so which school would you add? maybe UNLV?

if you do decide to add, it doesn't take AADSAS very long to send your application to the schools. i added two schools in sept and it took less than a month for AADSAS to send them out (paying electronically speeds up the process too).

coreyb said:
I'm getting rather anxious and nervous. I've already been denied from 1, and decided not to apply to Loma Linda. Also, I've only had 1 interview invite and it was for Case Western's ALTERNATE list.

Q?: Should I add more schools to my AADSAS list?

Q?: Is it too late in the process to get anything from adding?

Q?: Should I just relax and let it ride?

Ugh, so much riding on getting into Dental school!

I have to agree, just relax... Your numbers are good it will happen.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

-C

i'm sorry but what's an "alternate list"... :confused:

LadyxJC said:
i'm sorry but what's an "alternate list"... :confused:

It means they've a primary list of applicants that will be offered slots on December 1. If any of those slots are turned down, they begin interviewing in March for an "alternate list" to fill them.

According to another SDN poster, no alternate list people got a slot last year.