Getting back into the groove of studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badasshairday

Vascular and Interventional Radiology
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So we are back from the holiday break, and I can't get myself motivated. Anyone else in the same boat? Any tips on jump starting to get back into it. I'm sure I'll eventually pick up the pace, but right now i feel so blah about school. Wish we had another week off.

Members don't see this ad.

haha yeah i'm impatiently waiting for the weekend so i have enough work built up and hopefully by the time i'll just have to do it.. i really need to get over this lazy spell because i KNOW it'll bite me in ass!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting my lazy out before classes start on Monday. Sucks having slept in til 10 most days to going back to an early start. Blech.

You don't start until Monday? Jerk. :(

I feel your pain and then some...... Our physio and clinical medicine exams on dec. 19th got canceled due to a snow day, so they had to reschedule them for jan. I now have 2 units worth of physio to learn and remember (which is 4 weeks of old material ontop of new, and its only 1 of 2 classes we are taking right now) ..... 1st test is on tuesday. So much for a 'break' :thumbdown:

does the average med student study during winter break or is that just for gunners?

does the average med student study during winter break or is that just for gunners?

Even with my test getting canceled, even I did not study during break...

But, from the sounds of it about 1/2 my class did. I feel sorry for them for losing out on all that awesome free time to do other stuff, but to each their own I guess.

Even with my test getting canceled, even I did not study during break...

But, from the sounds of it about 1/2 my class did. I feel sorry for them for losing out on all that awesome free time to do other stuff, but to each their own I guess.

That is disgusting. Uggh. But then again you guys had to make up the exam.

To answer the Pre-med posters question... HELL NO, most people do not study during winter break. You have to have no life and be a masochist to be studying during winter break. What the heck would you study? I could see perhaps that M2's would be studying for Step 1 over the break, but if you are an M1 and you studied over the break, you deserve to be slapped.

I "studied" as I threw all my school materials into a pile in the corner of my room one afternoon. I learned a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Meister - I've only gotten through Chemical Signaling and am halfway through Costanzo's Tuesday lecture. *win*

if you still cant get back into it then you probably need to fail a quiz or something

that'll help lol

I'm getting my lazy out before classes start on Monday. Sucks having slept in til 10 most days to going back to an early start. Blech.

You call 10am sleeping in?!?! You wasted your break ;)

Try 12:30ish--every day.

Yea I did close to nothing all week because I just couldnt get back into it. Now I am in panic mode. So hard to catch up...

At least we're done with anatomy, hah!

Today was a wasted day indeed.

I did some work, but it was pretty half assed. I toled myself I'd catch up on all the lectures by tonight. Failed. Only got 50% through what I wanted.

Still not doing too well with the studying thing. Maybe I'll keep this thread as a logbook to document how I failed out of school.