Getting frazzled and discouraged

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

binko

At home I want you to call me Dr. Marvin.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
  • MCAT a week from Friday
  • Orgo exam Monday
  • 3.5 cGPA, 3.3 sci GPA (by AACOMAS' system)
  • <30 hrs shadowing
  • currently re-taking the entire orgo series
  • just found out there's a "behavioral sciences" requirement at my top (only) choice, that no one told me about?
  • still haven't heard from the SURF I applied for!
  • pretty much my only volunteering has been making websites for nonprofits
  • not able to relocate for med school so only applying to my local one which obvs. makes the stakes for that one really high.
  • currently planning my "wedding" which is approaching (my husband and I made it legal for insurance/tuition purposes after we already picked a date and paid for the venue) and everyone has ideas about what I "need" to include or "need" to have. (example: grandma-in-law found the "perfect" placecards &#8211; I'm not doing assigned seating!)

Note: this is not a "what are my chances" thread, this is just a list of things I am feelings inadequate/stressed/discouraged by. I'm a pretty happy person and I definitely enjoy my life (wonderful husband, new house, cute cats, great school, nice job) but recently I'm simultaneously exhausted and wired all the time!

Suggest things that will help me calm down/chin up/feel smart! Also feel free to enumerate what's stressing you out right now!

Members don't see this ad.

Re: the behavioral science requirement, just apply and take the class during the summer before matriculation if you get in.

Re: the wedding, congratulations! Don't get too stressed over what should be a happy occasion. Don't let people run your life, but don't sour any relationships.

Re: life in general. Go huff your cats. Or nuzzle their sun soaked bodies. That always makes me feel better.

Re: the behavioral science requirement, just apply and take the class during the summer before matriculation if you get in.

Re: the wedding, congratulations! Don't get too stressed over what should be a happy occasion. Don't let people run your life, but don't sour any relationships.

Re: life in general. Go huff your cats. Or nuzzle their sun soaked bodies. That always makes me feel better.

:eek:http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kitten_Huffing:eek:

300px-SynapticKittens.png

:laugh::laugh::laugh: