getting from Pittsburgh to Cleveland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Great 08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a reapp who's finally being blessed with interviews. :) I have 3 in the first week of Feb in 3 diff states.

My question is... anybody know what public transportation is like between Pittsburgh and Cleveland? Train stations? Bus stations? Subways? My interviews in both places are a day apart. I don't want to have to rent a car since I'm unfamiliar with the area, but this will be a last resort if I don't find any luck with transportation.

Members don't see this ad.

maybe try greyhound or amtrak? greyhound would probably be a more likely option.

I'm pretty sure its only about an hour a half to two hours distance beween. Both amtrak and greyhound should be available. Check which is cheapest. Maybe even try megabus.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't help on the public transportation info, but I did Pittsburgh-Cleveland-Philly in three consecutive days. If you rent a car it's a breeze; Pittsburgh-Cleveland is only like 2 hours if I remember, and the toll wasn't bad either. Cleveland-Philly toll on the other hand was something like $25. Glad I had the cash on hand!

Ive bused from CLE to PITT via greyhound. Cost me around 26 bones. Not bad if you don't mind sitting in a greyhound bus for 3 hours. CLE greyhound is close to a bus stop that will take you to right to case.

I took the greyhound from Pittsburgh to cleveland.

(I checked amtrak's schedule first because I prefer it, but it has really weird hours for this trip - like it arrives at 2AM or something.)

The bus ride isn't bad - but greyhound notoriously runs late. And, the temporary bus station *in Pittsburgh* is located in a horrible place, right next to the prison.