Getting in state tuition at VCU after the first year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothguy1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
VCU OOS students, how likely is it to get in state tuition after the first year?

Members don't see this ad.

Not possible. If you apply as OOS, you matriculate as OOS, and are locked in as OOS for all 4 years. The only small possibility I've heard of would be moving here a full year or so before the class you apply for would start, applying from that VA address that you'd been at for several months, and even then supposedly they'd want to be convinced that you intend to stay in VA (presumably with some kind of evidence) and not that you just came here for school, and you'd lose your chance at in-state wherever you're actually from. Several older SDN threads corroborate this, though it's been a while since I did all this research myself. Here's one of them: Schools and changing residency: the list

Reactions: 1 user
Impossible. If you apply OOS, you are OOS for the next four years.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you fill out the VCU supplemental app, you have to acknowledge and agree that you’ll be paying as an OOS student for 4 years.

Hello! This is my first inquiry: If your parents reallocate to the college you will be attending (OOS) will you be considered for in-state tuition?