schrizto

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2008
puh puh pitt
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone have experience with this? Only 20 spots left open in the class and those 20 are reserved for incoming freshmen who register during their orientation. I really want to take this class... is emailing the professor what to do? It shouldn't be a really popular class for freshmen anyway. Grr.

rxlea

Almost a unicorn
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
Yes. Get an override. Basically beg your way into class. You will probably need an override form from the registrar. If the prof doesn't respond to your e-mail (although I am sure he/she will), show up on the first day of class with the form and attend class then have him/her sign it. :) good luck.

Sesom

5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Getting added into classes after they are full is pretty normal at my school. Every time I needed to add a class that was full, the teacher took care of it for me.

Marcus Brody

Already has the grail.
10+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
- visit professor
- introduce self, smile
- ask for override
- ????
- profit

Jan 2, 2010
Reality, or so i think.
Status
Anyone have experience with this? Only 20 spots left open in the class and those 20 are reserved for incoming freshmen who register during their orientation. I really want to take this class... is emailing the professor what to do? It shouldn't be a really popular class for freshmen anyway. Grr.
at my school reserved spots are usally for people of that major.

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
make the freshmen an offer they can't refuse

MilkmanAl

Al the Ass Mod
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Send the professor an email now, and if you can't get anything official done, just start showing up to class and talking to the prof about getting signed up. People will drop.

s1lver

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2007
☝☜☟☞☝
Status
Pre-Medical
pay an upperclassman to hold it for you

i just randomly asked a dude on my school's facebook page and we agreed for 50 bux. worth it cos i really need the class and i can't be bothered with seeing thr prof, etc.

chman

5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Psychology
Send the professor an email now, and if you can't get anything official done, just start showing up to class and talking to the prof about getting signed up. People will drop.
This. Go to class and you will probably get added the first day. Get on the waitlist if there is one.