Getting into a class that's already filled up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schrizto

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this? Only 20 spots left open in the class and those 20 are reserved for incoming freshmen who register during their orientation. I really want to take this class... is emailing the professor what to do? It shouldn't be a really popular class for freshmen anyway. Grr.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Get an override. Basically beg your way into class. You will probably need an override form from the registrar. If the prof doesn't respond to your e-mail (although I am sure he/she will), show up on the first day of class with the form and attend class then have him/her sign it. :) good luck.

Getting added into classes after they are full is pretty normal at my school. Every time I needed to add a class that was full, the teacher took care of it for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
- visit professor
- introduce self, smile
- ask for override
- ????
- profit

Anyone have experience with this? Only 20 spots left open in the class and those 20 are reserved for incoming freshmen who register during their orientation. I really want to take this class... is emailing the professor what to do? It shouldn't be a really popular class for freshmen anyway. Grr.

at my school reserved spots are usally for people of that major.

at my school reserved spots are usally for people of that major.

It says on my school's course descriptions if there are any restricted seats and who they are for... that's how I know those spots are for incoming freshmen only.

Send the professor an email now, and if you can't get anything official done, just start showing up to class and talking to the prof about getting signed up. People will drop.

bake some cookies or brownies for the Prof..:smuggrin::smuggrin:

pay an upperclassman to hold it for you

i just randomly asked a dude on my school's facebook page and we agreed for 50 bux. worth it cos i really need the class and i can't be bothered with seeing thr prof, etc.

Send the professor an email now, and if you can't get anything official done, just start showing up to class and talking to the prof about getting signed up. People will drop.

This. Go to class and you will probably get added the first day. Get on the waitlist if there is one.