Apr 8, 2010
Status
Dentist
Hi! I'm really interested in pediatric dentistry...i finished a AEGD in 06 and have been working with children for about 4 years, mostly with N2o ( no sedations). i applied in 07 but got no interviwes. My stats are part I:89
part II: 79 ( low!!!) My school didnt rank us GPA 3.5
what can i do to make me self more competative. I live in the houston TX area. Is there any one around here practicing that i can maybe shadow

Huggies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2007
CA
Status
Dentist
How many programs did you apply to? if not too many, you have to apply to more.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2006
New York
Status
Dentist
You may need to do a pedo internship somewhere. I've seen a lot worse stats get in, but they had more post grad residency time put in. You also must be prepared to relocate anywhere.

Apr 8, 2010
Status
Dentist
where can i do pediatric dental internship... i applied to the program in gainsville , FL but did not get accepted. im looking for internships. I called programs for externships , but they are closed if you are no longer a student.

Apr 8, 2010
Status
Dentist
where can i do pediatric dental internship... i applied to the program in gainsville , FL but did not get accepted. im looking for internships. I called programs for externships , but they are closed if you are no longer a student.