Getting into The Chicago School of Professional Psychology??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bambino006

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an undergrad majoring in psychology. I'm going to be applying to schools in Chicago, and LA, (I currently go to DePaul in Chicago) and I'm hoping to get into a Psy.D. program. Can anyone tell me from experience, what it takes to get into a program like this one. Or a decent Psy.D. program so I can try and put my experiences vs. admissions expectations into perspective? I'm most concerned about the GRE score average, or expected score. I'm a good student (3.45 GPA), I've taken nearly every psych course offered, all the required course for the clinical Psy.D. program, I've been doing research, and I'm involved in many campus activities. I am not however, a good standardized test taker. I did terribly on my ACT years ago! So really nervous about taking the GRE!! Honestly, I don't know if I'll be able to get much better than 950-1100. So, can anyone give me some statistics? Or what they had when they applied etc. I know the site says min of 3.2 so there's no need to repeat what the the website says. Thanks!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm a first year student. Can anyone tell me How hard to get a residency in California? Also, is Internship less competitive than residency in California?
Thx

Hi, I'm a first year student. Can anyone tell me How hard to get a residency in California? Also, is Internship less competitive than residency in California?
Thx

You might have better luck with your question if you weren't posting in the wrong forum, in response to a two-year-old question which is in the wrong forum itself :p