Getting Loans With Cash In The Bank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laissao

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone told me that I'm going to have trouble getting loans for dental school because of some saved up cash I have? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance,

Members don't see this ad.

It would have to be an extraordinary amount to affect your eligibility for loans, methinks.

Someone told me that I'm going to have trouble getting loans for dental school because of some saved up cash I have? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance,

That someone does not know about finances.

Why a bank not lend you money, knowing you got money?

Does not make sense.

You want a loan, get one....

What would be a the problem is your credit score.

Members don't see this ad :)
My credit score is good, so no issues there.

The person I spoke to about this happened to be a loan officer at my bank, and he went on about getting accepted into med school, did real-estate undergrad, couldn't get fed loans because of his liquid assets etc.. and he had me all worried.

My credit score is good, so no issues there.

The person I spoke to about this happened to be a loan officer at my bank, and he went on about getting accepted into med school, did real-estate undergrad, couldn't get fed loans because of his liquid assets etc.. and he had me all worried.
He's lying. Or it was a LONG time ago

If you have lots of cash in the bank then you don't need loans cuz you already for money to pay for your tuition and living expenses.
If you don't have any cash, they will loan you money to pay for tuition and living expenses.

Either way you won't have trouble paying for school... So why are you worried?

Reactions: 1 user