Getting LOR from Pathology professor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

as90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm not planning on going into Pathology but I was considering getting an LOR from my pathology professor who is a practicing pathologist. I knew him during my 2nd year a lot and worked with him quite a bit. I also knew the MD who was my Pharmacology teacher, although she is not a praciticing Physician, she had her degree from oversees and did an excellent job teaching us pharmacology.

I spent a lot of time in their office before exams if I needed help trying to explain difficult concepts. They really seemed to like me quite a bit. I have 3 LOR's from my preceptor physicians. But I thought these might be of value in addition, any thoughts?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I'm not planning on going into Pathology but I was considering getting an LOR from my pathology professor who is a practicing pathologist. I knew him during my 2nd year a lot and worked with him quite a bit. I also knew the MD who was my Pharmacology teacher, although she is not a praciticing Physician, she had her degree from oversees and did an excellent job teaching us pharmacology.

I spent a lot of time in their office before exams if I needed help trying to explain difficult concepts. They really seemed to like me quite a bit. I have 3 LOR's from my preceptor physicians. But I thought these might be of value in addition, any thoughts?

Thanks
They will not be of any benefit. LORs should come from people who know your clinical abilities. The only exception is research LORs for people who have PhDs or a strong research focused background and application. Nobody cares what your Pharmacology prof thought of you 3 years ago.

Reactions: 1 user