Getting LOR's from Husband and Wife both!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fairbrother

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I have this Unusual Q? I took class with both Husband and Wife teaching at the same school. Now one is science prof. and other one is Non-Sci(writing) prof. She already wrote me a letter for my non-sci part. I also took class with her husband and did really well and he knows me well too and I know that he will write me a killer letter. I used to hang out with them in my senior year at their house and have very close relationship now. If I get the letters from both of them is it a Good idea? Bcz I think that adcoms might think that they are my some relatives or friends or something but I never knew them untill I took class with both of them and Got A in both of their classes. Hey guys what you think?? I already have 4 letters but trying to get this excellent one in. Thanks for your reply.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm no adcom, but personally I think having as close a relationship with someone of their stature a positive thing. What can you say about two university profs liking you to the point of inviting you over. Seems like a very positive personal attribute on your part there.

If the adcoms seem concerned about it, call them for good measure.