Getting off Einstein Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SunnyBunny7

the newest St. Lunatic
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got a letter yesterday telling me I'm on the waitlist. Which I was pretty sad about because Einstein is one of my top choices. I did a search and read all these posts about general stuff you're supposed to do to get off the waitlist, like writing letters of interest, sending rec letters, transcripts, etc.

I'm planning to write a letter of interest (not intent, because I'm not 100% positive I want to go there, although I'm leaning heavily towards Einstein), but I was just wondering who I should send my letter to. The adcom? Ms. Kerrigan? Would it do any good to write a letter to my interviewer? I'm not sure if he's a voting member of the committee (not all intervewers are voting members, right? Or are they?) Would it do any good to write my interviewer and ask what I could do to improve my app? Even if he isn't a voting member? Any advice for Einstein would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you I'd write to Ms. Kerrigan. She seems receptive to hearing from applicants. I e-mailed her (regarding something else) and got a response about 5 minutes later.

I think Einstein really does care whether you are interested in the school, so if you let them know that you are it could make a difference. Good luck!

Thanks Jennie. I think I will contact Ms. Kerrigan. Does anyone know if it would do any good to contact my interviewer? And should I also send a letter to the adcom in general? Thanks again!

I think Jennie was right - put in a letter to the admissions office. It's the best way to guarantee that your contact is taken into consideration.

About it being a "letter of interest." That could get harder to pull off as the year progresses. You really should become pretty definite which school is your top choice as you're trying to fight your way off of waitlists. It means a lot when you include in your letter, "If accepted, I would definitely go to (fill in the blank)."

As a first year at Einstein, let me tell you that being on the waitlist here is not a bad thing. A lot of people in my class were accepted either after January 15 or off the waitlist.

As far as your interviewer goes - it never hurts to throw out an extra letter. You never know how much power that person has (especially if you happened to interview with someone named Reichgott).

Good luck