Getting off the pre-interview HOLD: mission impossible????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shejeboshease

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been put on hold at SUNY upstate and Morehouse school of medicine. so my question is simply what can i do to get off the hold? i graduated this may and currently working as a research fellow..so i can't improve my gpa anymore. i just don't want to wait for them to make a decision. any ideas about some bold steps i can potentially take to get off the hold position.
also is getting hold same as delayed rejection as some people say?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on hold at Upstate, Penn State, and a couple of other places. Same boat, graduated in 05, working in a research lab (just found out two papers are being submitted, too late for this year...), and no one seems to know how hard it is to get an interview off of a pre-interview hold.
On another note, has anyone actually "asked" for an interview and gotten one. I've heard rumors of people e-mailing schools saying they're going to be in the area (i.e. I'm coming home for X holiday, if you're gonna interview me, it would be very helpful if you did it around this time), but its always second or third hand. Has anyone actually done this THEMSELVES, what did you say, and did it work?
Thanks in advance.

I am on hold like that at 8 places. I did e-mail Morehouse stating that I will visit area blah blah they sent me second e-mail reminding again that I am on hold. Well hold is not rejection right?