Getting Ready- the University of TN AuD c/o 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AuDTNStudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I'm ready and waiting. All I have to do now is find housing for me and the Fam find renters for our home now, go to work everyday, register for the RIGHT classes, help the husband find a job in Knoxville, find a daycare for the munchkin,etc etc etc. Is anyone else going through the same stresses?

I'm starting UT-knoxville in the Fall, does anyone have any advice on areas I should look into for housing? Also does anyone have any general insite on the graduate atmosphere at UTK?

Also how in the world do you figure out what classes you need to register for? I have had very little communication from the school since I accepted their offer. (I mean schools I declined months ago have sent me more information about what I need to do if I were going there than UTK)

Here's hoping I made the right decision. (If anyone wants to offer a little assurance, feel incredibly free to do so.)

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so I'm ready and waiting. All I have to do now is find housing for me and the Fam find renters for our home now, go to work everyday, register for the RIGHT classes, help the husband find a job in Knoxville, find a daycare for the munchkin,etc etc etc. Is anyone else going through the same stresses?

I'm starting UT-knoxville in the Fall, does anyone have any advice on areas I should look into for housing? Also does anyone have any general insite on the graduate atmosphere at UTK?

Also how in the world do you figure out what classes you need to register for? I have had very little communication from the school since I accepted their offer. (I mean schools I declined months ago have sent me more information about what I need to do if I were going there than UTK)

Here's hoping I made the right decision. (If anyone wants to offer a little assurance, feel incredibly free to do so.)

I'm starting an MS/PhD SLP program in the fall and I can relate to feeling stressed! I've never had to make a big move before. Thinking out getting all our stuff out of our apartment here in Boston to a new place in Madison, WI gives me a tummy ache. :(

I got a letter from my program requesting my clinical observation and clock hours and CORI forms a few weeks ago. The letter also mentioned that we won't be able to register for classes until Orientation on August 25th.

I'm starting an MS/PhD SLP program in the fall and I can relate to feeling stressed! I've never had to make a big move before. Thinking out getting all our stuff out of our apartment here in Boston to a new place in Madison, WI gives me a tummy ache. :(

I got a letter from my program requesting my clinical observation and clock hours and CORI forms a few weeks ago. The letter also mentioned that we won't be able to register for classes until Orientation on August 25th.

Glad I'm not alone in this. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Since the Audiology department is closing at UTK will the students who were accepted for Fall 08 still be able to attend???

I've called and someone is suppose to get in touch with me. I'm hoping so because obviously I've already declined everyone else, not to mention the deposit I just put down on an apartment! I'll let you know what I learn.

X

Last edited:
Sorry about the delay, in the process of moving. The previous post is correct, incoming students will be able to earn their degrees but we will more than likely be the last class in the department. All the people I have had emails and calls from, including the Dean, have been pretty pessimistic about any hope for keeping the program alive after us. Though he did assure me that our class would have the same opportunities as all those before us. (Whatever that means.)

Unfortunaly I am still in Nashville so I can't attend any of the event to show support for our program.