Getting ready to take DAT in aabout 2 weeks! Nervous! Here's my practice scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBeans

MrBeans
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kaplan Diagnostic(Free Online - Took this first):
AA - 17.8
BS - 18
GC - 17
OC - 17
PAT - 17
QR - 20
RC - 16
TS - 17.4

TopScore #1....#2....#3
AA ------17---NA.....19
BS ------19---19......18
GC ------16---16.....19
OC ------14---18.....17
PAT -----19---20.....20
QR ------16---NA.....19
RC ------20---NA.....20
TS ------17---17.8...18

I am really nervous! I'm debating on getting more test questions from Achiever before I take the real DAT. My weakest areas are Ochem and Gen Chem, and I've been trying to sharpen my skills on these subjects the most.

I've used:
Kaplan BB
Old School Books and Tests
Barron's (mostly for PAT practice; too many errors otherwise)
TopScore Tests
Kaplan Q-Bank for MCAT

I'm freaking out! :scared: I scared I'll come up -1 or -2 on some sections from what I've read.

What do you guys think, should I buy Achiever before the test?

Members don't see this ad.

Your GC and BIO look good so far IMO. Just work on understanding main concepts and simple calculations.

I would be worried about your OC though...Try Kaplan subject tests for that. Some suggest DAT Destroyer, but I never used it, so I can't personally recommend it. Also, don't forget to review content here...I recommend Schaum's Organic Chemistry and MCAT ExamKrackers for Organic Chemistry (GREAT BOOK!!!). Kaplan does a good job brushing the facts, but they're somewhat vague when it comes to mechanisms of certain reactions.

Your PAT looks good, although I think CDP is a better predictor of how well you'll do on this section.

Kaplan Diagnostic(Free Online - Took this first):
AA - 17.8
BS - 18
GC - 17
OC - 17
PAT - 17
QR - 20
RC - 16
TS - 17.4

TopScore #1....#2....#3
AA ------17---NA.....19
BS ------19---19......18
GC ------16---16.....19
OC ------14---18.....17
PAT -----19---20.....20
QR ------16---NA.....19
RC ------20---NA.....20
TS ------17---17.8...18

I am really nervous! I'm debating on getting more test questions from Achiever before I take the real DAT. My weakest areas are Ochem and Gen Chem, and I've been trying to sharpen my skills on these subjects the most.

I've used:
Kaplan BB
Old School Books and Tests
Barron's (mostly for PAT practice; too many errors otherwise)
TopScore Tests
Kaplan Q-Bank for MCAT

I'm freaking out! :scared: I scared I'll come up -1 or -2 on some sections from what I've read.

What do you guys think, should I buy Achiever before the test?
You should get the destroyer to help u out in the orgo n gen chem sections. It REALLY helped me in those sections.

I'll look into Destroyer!

Given that I want to take the test April 3rd, I'm not sure I'll have much time to make use of it; then again, anything helps! I was reading that Destroyer has about 60 heavy pages worth of material for ochem alone. I'm sure it's a $200 well spent, and I'm seriously considering purchasing it today or tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry about these scores. They don't dictate how u'll actually perform on the real deal. Just keep reviewing from now till the day you take ur test. Relax and take it easy, its one test, and your first attempt, if things don't go your way, its not the end of the world, you can always retake it.

Good luck

don't worry about these scores. They don't dictate how u'll actually perform on the real deal. Just keep reviewing from now till the day you take ur test. Relax and take it easy, its one test, and your first attempt, if things don't go your way, its not the end of the world, you can always retake it.

Good luck

Solid advice. Some people go up from their practice tests, some people go down. Those are not terrible scores and 2 weeks is an eternity if you'll just pound the DAT into your head until test day.

I would suggest trying to get Destroyer. Even though it's quite a lot of questions, if you just used it for gen chem and ochem it wouldn't take too long. I actually just went through the ochem section in a few hours yesterday. I would definitely suggest it if you are wanting more chemistry practice.