Getting real sick of this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HookahLungs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Every time I sit down with my dad, all he has to say is "did those schools get back to you yet?" "No dad, I told you, December 1st.." Then he just looks away.. Look, guy I can't do anything about the response rate, it's december first and it will stay December first no matter how many times you ask.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Chill bruv. Your Dad is just as anxious as you. My parents ask me the same thing.

Here's to hoping we both get in Dec 1st so that we can give our parents a Merryyy Christmas!

Reactions: 6 users
Every time I sit down with my dad, all he has to say is "did those schools get back to you yet?" "No dad, I told you, December 1st.." Then he just looks away.. Look, guy I can't do anything about the response rate, it's december first and it will stay December first no matter how many times you ask.
I think a lot of people at my school assume I didn't get in bc med school people find out often in like October/November. I have to be like nooo it's December first. I've told everyone so much now though that they're counting down the days with me ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's getting aggravating lol it's like they live to sabotage us. As soon as I forget aboud dental school acceptances, someone brings up "did you head back from the schools yet?" Lmao

I think a lot of people at my school assume I didn't get in bc med school people find out often in like October/November. I have to be like nooo it's December first. I've told everyone so much now though that they're counting down the days with me ;)

That's what we get for getting an instant DAT score, haha.

Reactions: 3 users
Omg I didn't even know it was instant while I was taking my DAT, I thought it was printed out and given to you not displayed on the screen. I was planning on driving home calmly then opening and seeing how I got, but as soon as I finished the math, it said finish and I pressed ok then took some type of survey, then finished that then all I saw was a big 20 with results displayed at the top. I'm like wtf I don't wanna see this but I was happy with how I did since I wasn't expecting a 20 so I saw the rest of the scores and walked out happy and drove home happy, you should've seen me on the drive home it was intense.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah. When I got my scores, I literally fell off my seat. I wasn't expecting to do well.

I was all prepared to re-take it and study for a good 3 more months.

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah. When I got my scores, I literally fell off my seat. I wasn't expecting to do well.

For real I was like ok I definitely failed this test even though it's not possible

Yup was totally prepared to retake it. That was my attitude halfway through the PAT. I was so happy/relieved when I was done I actually cried happy tears and the test people at the desk looked at me like "this poor girl needs help" lolol. I was like "sorry I'm just super happy!"

Reactions: 2 users
Ohohoh, when I got my score I was like "Wat."

I never scored higher than a 20 or 21 total so I was dumbfounded.

I also did not expect the scores to just pop up onto the screen! They should have given us a warning or something so that we can be mentally prepared haha. Thank goodness they were good scores

Yea I know, everyone around me is bugging me if I got into any of the 15 schools I interviewed at.

Hookah Lungs. Chill out bruh. Go enjoy college.

you'll have the rest of your life to be a boring dentist!

Members don't see this ad :)
if i had $.05 for every time someone asked me if i got in yet, i wouldnt have to apply for the HPSP because my tuition would be covered.

Ugh. I've got a guy at one of my jobs that has asked three weeks in a row if I've heard from our local dental school. I've told him I was rejected each time. He always seems surprised....

Part of me wants to keep the acceptance (if I get one) a secret and tell my family on Christmas. But Im pretty sure with my blabber mouth everyone within a one mile radius of me will know on December 1st.

Hookah Lungs. Chill out bruh. Go enjoy college.

you'll have the rest of your life to be a boring dentist!
For real but the anxiety is killin me so imma smoke some hookah

Hookah, aye? ;)

you guys all need to chill out and just enjoy college. when you get out no one will care that you're in dental school. most people hate the dentist. it's great and all, but to be totally fair, it's really not as glamorous as I would have thought.... when I was your age - 14 years ago!

Dental school sucks. Go to the cheapest school and keep your loans down.

:clap:

Hookah, aye? ;)

you guys all need to chill out and just enjoy college. when you get out no one will care that you're in dental school. most people hate the dentist. it's great and all, but to be totally fair, it's really not as glamorous as I would have thought.... when I was your age - 14 years ago!

Dental school sucks. Go to the cheapest school and keep your loans down.

:clap:
So I got a question for you. I had interviews at two schools that are in state (UIC and SIU), if I happen to get accepted to both, which do you suggest I attend? Uic is great because it's in the heart of chicago, it's got clinic experience beyond what you could ask for, and it's only an hour (at most) away from me, but it is 270k and housing isn't so cheap either. On the other hand, siu is 5 hours away, it's in the middle of nowhere and it's only 170k and housing is very cheap. Say I get accepted to both, is the 100k worth ditching UIC for a school with less clinical experience and less social life altogether? With UIC im one hour away from my family, siu I'd be lucky to see them during the semester.

So I got a question for you. I had interviews at two schools that are in state (UIC and SIU), if I happen to get accepted to both, which do you suggest I attend? Uic is great because it's in the heart of chicago, it's got clinic experience beyond what you could ask for, and it's only an hour (at most) away from me, but it is 270k and housing isn't so cheap either. On the other hand, siu is 5 hours away, it's in the middle of nowhere and it's only 170k and housing is very cheap. Say I get accepted to both, is the 100k worth ditching UIC for a school with less clinical experience and less social life altogether? With UIC im one hour away from my family, siu I'd be lucky to see them during the semester.

Go to SIU. Yah Alton sucks, but St. Louis is close and you're going to save yourself $100K. I went to UIC. It was fine, but kind of ghetto and definitely not worth $100K more than SIU.... use that to money and buy a fat crib when you graduate. Der.

105048-Ryan-from-The-Office-pointing-Hzsd.gif

Go to SIU. Yah Alton sucks, but St. Louis is close and you're going to save yourself $100K. I went to UIC. It was fine, but kind of ghetto and definitely not worth $100K more than SIU.... use that to money and buy a fat crib when you graduate. Der.
Dam, so money is that important?? **** I gotta think hard then. Thanks for the recommendation man.

Reactions: 4 users
Omg I didn't even know it was instant while I was taking my DAT, I thought it was printed out and given to you not displayed on the screen. I was planning on driving home calmly then opening and seeing how I got, but as soon as I finished the math, it said finish and I pressed ok then took some type of survey, then finished that then all I saw was a big 20 with results displayed at the top. I'm like wtf I don't wanna see this but I was happy with how I did since I wasn't expecting a 20 so I saw the rest of the scores and walked out happy and drove home happy, you should've seen me on the drive home it was intense.

me^

i didn't even care about what score on what section as soon as I saw 20+ my eyes kept running up and down the screen and I was so happy as I checked out the proctor guy was like wtf is wrong with you

I wanna share my post-exam story as well! :)

So I've never exactly been a straight A student my whole life, always had some difficulties, then suddenly I started applying myself to courses and saw a huge change in my grades. I still struggle every now and then but I realized through hard work and initiative, so much can be attained. Anyways, back to my point lol, like many of you have said, I too, never thought I'd be able to get over a 20 on the DAT either. But I studied like a madman for just about 3 months, did some summer research on the side to keep me from becoming an antisocial, sad piece of **** and I finally took the exam on August 24th. I honestly felt like I had the pressure of my entire family on my neck and shoulders, it felt like everyone wanted to know how well I'd do and where I'd go etc. I recall taking Bootcamp exams over three times at one point for each exam, each section and I barely got over 20s for most of them. I knew I had done enough prep but the whole dilemma about the DAT, and any standardized test is not if you studied enough, but if you can perform when it matters most, and I kept telling myself that I need to hit a freakin' home run. After getting through the bio section, I was like "holy ****, that was hard as hell, and I'm going to have to take this over," then I got through the orgo and gen. chem section with relative ease and during the PAT, the thought process of jumping off a roof became more realistic b/c those damn hole punches. D: QR was also a nightmare, while reading was a breeze. When I got to the survey part, I knew that the scores would pop up any second, but I wasn't sure after which question would it come on the screen, so I aggressively kept clicking next and when I finally saw my scores-- I spun around in my chair at least twice and looked like a little girl clapping in silence with tears of joy beginning to form in the corner of my eyes. I think I looked around to have someone hug me or something because I was so overly excited at having a 22 TS and a 21 AA, but obvs. everyone was taking their exams >.>. It was just an unbelievably happy experience, I'm really glad we all did well, and showed ourselves that we can do anything we put our minds to. Ahhh, I really didn't intend on making this so long but I got emotional haha.
tumblr_mn3sx7CLQr1srb7nvo1_250.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users