Getting really worried.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skudos

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am a freshman in college and I just finished my first semester. I just got my final grade for my pre calc class and i am a little worried. I am ending the class with a 55% which in my school is a D. I need a 57% in the class to receive a C and pass on to Calc. I already emailed my professor asking if there was going to be a curve at all. In the case that my grade remains a D and I am not allowed to pass on to calc I have 2 options. I can retake the class or I can retake the placement exam and get automatically placed in Calc. Part of me feels like I should retake the class so i can show med schools that I am progressing and fixing my mistake, but then I think that it would hold me back by taking it again. I don't want this one class to reck my chances of getting into med school.
A. Calc is not required for a lot of medical schools, especially in schools moving to more holistic/non-requirement models of admissions pre-reqs. Look into your state schools and see what they require.

B. Just retake the class when you are ready, and only when you have figured out what you did wrong the first time. The last thing you want to do is plow forward into calculus, a harder class, and risk getting another D.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A. Calc is not required for a lot of medical schools, especially in schools moving to more holistic/non-requirement models of admissions pre-reqs. Look into your state schools and see what they require.

B. Just retake the class when you are ready, and only when you have figured out what you did wrong the first time. The last thing you want to do is plow forward into calculus, a harder class, and risk getting another D.
My major required calculus. That's true I definitely dont want to risk getting another D. Thanks a lot.

You should be focusing on becoming a better student, and NOT what med schools will be thinking about you.

Take a W, if you can.

I am a freshman in college and I just finished my first semester. I just got my final grade for my pre calc class and i am a little worried. I am ending the class with a 55% which in my school is a D. I need a 57% in the class to receive a C and pass on to Calc. I already emailed my professor asking if there was going to be a curve at all. In the case that my grade remains a D and I am not allowed to pass on to calc I have 2 options. I can retake the class or I can retake the placement exam and get automatically placed in Calc. Part of me feels like I should retake the class so i can show med schools that I am progressing and fixing my mistake, but then I think that it would hold me back by taking it again. I don't want this one class to reck my chances of getting into med school.

Reactions: 1 user