Getting rejected

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CPS

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I 'm so sad! I have just got the rejection letter from Loma Linda. They didn't even give me a 2nd application. They said I didn't meet specific requirement of their school. My GPA is 3.7, and my science GPA is 3.71. My DAT academic is 22, but PAT is only 16! Is that my low PAT score affect my chance of getting in. Does it also mean that I will get no chance of getting into other California dental school since I haven't recieve anything from them right to this point. I really need some advices right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey CPS;

I don't really know what went wrong. i am sure you know the sats of enrolees at loma linda... (GPA: 3.38, Sci GPA: 3.26, DAT: 18.8 and PAT: 19.5).... only your PAT scores are lower, but your other scores are much higher the average of those who enrolled...

if i were you, i would call the school ASAP and make a phone appointment with the idiot who signed that rejection letter....
very nicely, tell them your scores and ask what specific requirements you did not meet... see if there is time to send what is missing.... and if there is a problem with your AADSAS application...make sure you find what it is and correct it ASAP...

good luck

p.s: if you are applying to med schools and you said it on your application... maybe that has something to do with this..

CPS,

Don't get down on yourself! You aren't alone! I was rejected by three schools before the 3rd week of September -- Ohio State, Iowa, and Kentucky!

My stats:

Cumulative GPA: 3.47
Science GPA: 3.23
Major: English
Minor: Chemistry, Physiology

DAT: 20 Academic, 23 PAT

Research experience: 2 years in a Neuroendocrinimmunology facility, published 3 times.

Work experience: 20 hrs a week since a freshman, with 40 hours a week through sophomore and junior years.

Actually, if you look in the ASDA handbook of all the dental schools, it does specifically say for Loma Linda that the minimum DAT score is 17/17. Sorry about that. And don't worry. My academic average was 21, and my PAT 16....hehe. And my gpa is about a 3.6. I got secondaris from UCLA and UCSF already.....but I do have my doubt getting in there. I wouldn't sweat too much though....I'm sure you'll be able to interview at UOP and UCSF though.....:) Hope this helps, and wish you the best of luck!