getting residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gremak

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any schools that allow out of state students to get residency after a year? I have heard these kinds of rumors, but never any hard info.

Members don't see this ad.

I know about 2. SUNY Buffalo will change your residency after 1 year. U of Mich, not a chance.

Temple Dental allows you to apply for residency after a year or EVEN before you start school! During my interview last year, Mark told us a story about an incoming first year from out-of-state purchased a house in Philly area prior to matriculation, he then was considered an In-state resident instead of an Out-of-state resident for his first year tuition.

All of us applicants were sitting there going...WOW, that won't be me!! That'll be nice, but no money here!!

:cool:

At NOVA, if you come in as an Out-of-state, you'll remain as an Out-of-state for 4 years. Although we're a private school, In-state students still pays roughly $500 less than the Out-of-state students. Those SOBs!!

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
COLORADO & WASHINGTON allow students to change residency after 1 year, (I've heard) but out of staters getting in is more difficult.

what about Ohio State?

i believe UNLV allows it and I know UCONN does.

not only does uconn offer it, but they even have an intermediate rate (between out of state and in state) for residents of new england states other than connecticut.

add unc to schools that offer 1 year residency declaration.