1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

getting residency

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gremak, Dec 7, 2002.

1. gremak

gremak Junior Member

Are there any schools that allow out of state students to get residency after a year? I have heard these kinds of rumors, but never any hard info.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Brand

Brand Senior Member

I know about 2. SUNY Buffalo will change your residency after 1 year. U of Mich, not a chance.

4. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper

Non-Student
    Temple Dental allows you to apply for residency after a year or EVEN before you start school! During my interview last year, Mark told us a story about an incoming first year from out-of-state purchased a house in Philly area prior to matriculation, he then was considered an In-state resident instead of an Out-of-state resident for his first year tuition.

All of us applicants were sitting there going...WOW, that won't be me!! That'll be nice, but no money here!!

:cool:

At NOVA, if you come in as an Out-of-state, you'll remain as an Out-of-state for 4 years. Although we're a private school, In-state students still pays roughly $500 less than the Out-of-state students. Those SOBs!!

:laugh:

5. DATMATT

DATMATT SISU

COLORADO & WASHINGTON allow students to change residency after 1 year, (I've heard) but out of staters getting in is more difficult.

6. gremak

gremak Junior Member

what about Ohio State?

7. Bcat

Bcat Senior Member

i believe UNLV allows it and I know UCONN does.

8. ehop24

ehop24 Senior Member

not only does uconn offer it, but they even have an intermediate rate (between out of state and in state) for residents of new england states other than connecticut.

add unc to schools that offer 1 year residency declaration.

9. gremak

gremak Junior Member