Getting spanked by COMBANK - test coming up soon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mannhandler

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh for the day when I can leave the NBOME behind like a bad dream....

I'm scheduled to take COMLEX 3 on April 16th. I've been using Savarese, Crush, HY Ob-Gyn and Combank to prepare. I'm a PGY-2 in primary care in a very hours-intensive program. I couldn't take the exam earlier due to financial limitations.

I'm getting very nervous. My COMBANK score is at 58% right now and it seems like every block of 50 questions I do seem harder and more esoteric. I was initially getting mid 60's for scores but now I feel like I'm stuck. My average score is actually going down the more I study and do questions!

I'm just getting a little freaked out with the test coming so soon and so much is riding on it. I have to pass it to be promoted to PGY-3 (new policy) and I can't afford to blow $650. And of course now the NBOME decides to rescale it.

Anyone have <60% on COMBANK and still passed?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've read per other sources, you want to be getting at least 75% of the questions correct in COMBANK. They are known to be shorter and somewhat easier than the real COMLEX III. I will be completing COMBANK in another month, but from what I remember for COMLEX II, I scored 82% on the COMBANK and came out with a 680.

I think on the combank performance page it says with a score of ~64% on their qbank you have a >90% chance of passing. Try to go through it twice (second time jus use tutor mode), making sure that you go over all answers and explanations. A few days before the test go over the pearls at the bottom. btw there is a lot of primary care, you'll be fine. Don't ignore omm, there's a good amount on this one (not hard tho). Gluck

I'm also taking it on April 16th. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to prepare of the exam as I was planning (floor month was busier than expected; change in my schedule which took away my elective to study). I'll say that I'm 50% at my goal of preparing my exam. I'm ranging from 50% to 70% on comQUEST. What should I be doing on my remaining days? Continue questions? Or just review? Or both? (Gosh darn it, I haven't even really looked at OMM except when a question pops up on comquest).