"Getting Sued by my GPR:" part deux

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

motörhead

I have no idea why that thread was shut down: probably one of the more serious and important and topical subjects I've seen in the dental residency forum for a while. And I really don't think a lawyer will be able to give as good advice as a dentist who's already been through it.

So, I was wondering, what are the consequences of leaving a GPR before your contract is up? Besides getting sued.

Also, let's say I apply for GPR programs, and end up matching at one. Then, I decide that I don't want to do a GPR, and instead work for my cousin's practice (before the GPR even begins). Will that put me in the bad books with the match people? For instance, what if I apply to pedo, omfs, or ortho the following year. I thought I heard somebody say once that you can get 'barred' from the match process. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

The previous thread was closed because SDN isn't a forum for seeking professional advice--whether medical, legal, or otherwise.

The topic is definitely worth discussing, IMO; this just isn't the place to ask for advice about the $100k lawsuit you're potentially facing.

Lots of residents quit and/or are fired each year. Some as you said never show up for the first day. Never heard of anyone being sued. Trouble with the match in the future..... a definite possibility. Going to another program after being matched, BIG TROUBLE for everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
motörhead;4944918 said:
For instance, what if I apply to pedo, omfs, or ortho the following year. I thought I heard somebody say once that you can get 'barred' from the match process. :confused:

If you were interviewing for my program, and I heard that you bailed on your match agreement, I would definitely hold that against you. I would not rank you. I'd consider not ranking you just for asking the question. It appears that you make poor decisions without thinking things through. I'm not saying that this is true in your case, but that's how it looks. Nothing else matters...

aphistis, please check you PM. Thanks!

Dude look at your program director squarely in the eyes and say "I'll see you in court!" Then slam the doors, and walk out....that'll tell him. If that doesn't work, just keep on yelling, "do you know who you're messing wit?" and intimidate him. :thumbup:

Hi,Im not familiar with residency program.I hope u don't mind me asking r u suppose to pay for residency program or is it something u get paid for :confused: ???