Getting to Drexel from DC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yogreen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at Drexel med and I will be taking the AMTRAK from DC (Union Station) to Philly (30th St Station) early morning. Can anyone tell me the best way (quickest, cheapest) to get to Drexel from the station at around 7:30AM? I'm thinking a cab might be expensive because the distance is about 8 miles, but I'm not sure?

Also, I was thinking about taking the Chinatown bus back from Philadelphia to DC. Does that bus usually take about 3 hours?

Members don't see this ad.

Ah, I love easy questions. Take the R8 train from the 30th St. Station to Queen Lane Station. It's only two stops and it brings you right to campus. It'll only cost you $3-5 each way.

And yes, Philly's about 3 hrs from DC so that's about how long it'll take if you choose to bus it back.

Ah, I love easy questions. Take the R8 train from the 30th St. Station to Queen Lane Station. It's only two stops and it brings you right to campus. It'll only cost you $3-5 each way.

And yes, Philly's about 3 hrs from DC so that's about how long it'll take if you choose to bus it back.
Awesome, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
ah.. if you were going to 36th and market or something like that then itsliterally a 5 min walk. i passed by drexel on my way to upenn.. lol

no wait.. i think it is 30th no? isnt that like the main terminal?

just checked.. it is 30th and market and it is a really short walk if you dont want to spend money...i walked it and more lol.
ok i will stop adding to this post

the chinatown bus takes about 2:30 hours from Philly to DC but depends heavilty on the DC traffic. you can take the queen lane shuttle to center city after your interview and walk to 10th and arch (approx 10-15 mins) where the chinatown bus is located. best of luck with the interview.

ah.. if you were going to 36th and market or something like that then itsliterally a 5 min walk. i passed by drexel on my way to upenn.. lol

no wait.. i think it is 30th no? isnt that like the main terminal?

just checked.. it is 30th and market and it is a really short walk if you dont want to spend money...i walked it and more lol.
ok i will stop adding to this post

Actually, the Drexel Med campus is not in University City. The OP will need to take some sort of transportation because Queen Lane is a few miles north.